• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We lasted 8 weeks...

Kim_perkins

Mama Doe
But Candy ' s toothy pegs now need another dental :(

Better then the 5 weeks?? Diet helped her massively.

So back to the vets and hopefully she will be okay, she had that major op last month to remove her bladder stone so I hope she will recover okay.

Blinking bunnies, I'll be broke and on the streets at this rate! But as long as she's healthy!

8 weeks is definitely better than 5 :thumb: sending her lots of vibes for it :thumb:

I know how you feel. My Pebbles was having dentals every 12 weeks to start with...vet told me to just give him hay, and he lossed tonnes of weight as he still didn't eat any hay and went to needing a dental every few weeks. In the end I found actually increasing his science selective pellets to 100g a day made the intervals between dentals longer. Sometimes he would look like he was having a nibble at hay or hay cookie, but it wasn't enough.

Mimzy was every three months at his worst. :( We've seemed to settle down to six now. He's had at least three dentals since getting head tilt and came out well each time. :)

I got Care Credit for my furbabies finally. Between three senior rabbits, three aging cats and two dogs I couldn't afford not to.

I hope all goes well for her dental. :) Sending vibes your way. xxxx

My vet is very good I have an account and can pay £5 a month if that's all I can afford and they don't charge interest just as long as I pay something. After her operation last month coming to £400 it was a life saver - that was discounted as she was operated on at 11pm obviously out of hours and had multiple ultra sounds etc.

She's had about 9 dentals all in all, but this is the longest by far. Hopefully if I can get this done and try some more tougher hay we can go a bit longer!

Thank you, fingers crossed she makes it, my little fighter! Xx

Hi Kim,
Molly was every 6-7 weeks, so far we have gone 11 weeks.
I am sure Science Selective has helped Molly ,she was on Wagg (sorry ).
Also more hay and less treats,
Molly does get about 3 x 30mins free range time in the garden every day and she loves grass
and other plants and things.
I almost thinks she knows that eating grass is helping her teeth,
I really think she is controlling her teeth herself.
Fingers crossed it will last .Good Luck with Candy:love:

Back