• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

best way to clean urine off carpet??

Get a new carpet!! :lol::lol::lol:

But seriously I would be interested in this. I usually just use carpet offcuts for mine and take a stanley knife to them when a bit gets tooooo disgusting!

I soak up with kitchen roll then spray with a plant spray containing half water/half white vinegar. Arthur has a thing about doing little wees on my beige deep pile wool rug, but treating it with this seems to stop stains and stops any smell too. If I've missed a bit and clean it the next day it still brings the stain out.

I have wee problem (buns not me :lol:) and my puddy tat chucks up a lot so I bought a compact carpet cleaner which so does the job!

I spray the carpet with antibacterial stuff and then run the cleaner over it and the mess just gets sucked up :thumb:

we are getting a new carpet as soon as we can but it seems pointless at the moment whilst bisc is weeing in random places. he goes through phases.

i usually use kitchen roll and then white vinegar aswell but at the moment but i can still smell urine in the lounge. :oops:

Having tried endless stain removers, including those that guarantee to remove wee stains, there's only one thing that actually gets the stains out altogether .. Steaming the carpet :wave:

I have resorted to mopping up the excess with kitchen roll, sprinkling with bio washing powder and then getting the vax out to shampoo it out. Puppy is randomly using our main carpet instead of puppy pads /outside. Just getting fed up of wet carpets now. Febreeze (or Wilko's own brand) spray is quite good at sorting out damp carpet smell.

I have given up on the bucket of soap and cloth method as it's just not doing the job - although doggy puddles are bigger than bunny ones. Only a proper shampoo is getting the stains out and leaving it less damp.

Can you use puppy pads or old cardboard boxes on the floor in the worst affected areas - so you can just throw out the used bits and save the carpet cleaning? I use the Lidl orange juice carton big boxes for one set of bunnies in their litter corner. One side is white (looks nice) and the other is slightly plasticy (doesn't soak through as quickly)....and they are free.

i'm slowly building up his supply of bedpads to put under some areas. i thought maybe disposable bed sheets aswell but i'm worried he would eat those if he got to them.

i changed his whole area yesterday with all new clean blankets and profleece and he's already wee'd on the profleece and one of the padded blankets. :(

he doesn't seem ill or anything so i don't know why he goes through these phases. there must be a reason but i just don't know what it is. :(

Back