• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hi from me and bunnies in North east

lou8

New Kit
Hi I'm new to this forum so thought I'd introduce my self and my new bunny babies.
My name is louise I live in the north east of England, I have had bunnies since I was 10, so 17 years now (makes me feel soo old). When my last bunnies passed away took a break from owning bunnies as I was heart broken and stuck to looking after my families bunnies on a weekend but I have taken the plunge and adopted two english lop bunnies and I'm so glad I have let them back into my home and my heart. They have only been here to weeks but feels like they have always been here. They are house bunnies with free range of the down stairs after bunny proofing everything, they have a base as so they can get away from my dog and three cats/ kittens if wanted but they spend the day usually sat in the sun cuddles up to the cats or seeing what trouble they can get into. I am not sure how to get pictures up yet but poppy is sooty fawn in colour, she is the oldest by a few weeks, she is very laid back and bosses the felines in the house about and is usually curled up with my cat isis. Penny is a broken sooty fawn, with a cute white stripe on her head, she is more adventurous then poppy and will climb anything she can, within hours of her a riving home she found a way to get on the sofa. Both bunnies have a very close bond to each other, always grooming and cuddling each other to cute. I would like to give my babies outdoor access but I'm struggling to find a suitable quality outdoor run/pen, that will be big enough for them as adults, the biggest my local pet shop can get me is 6 x 4. If any one has any advice or could recommend anything please get in touch. Only problem would be I can only pay cash/ pay pal or bank transfer as my card Is a cash card. Anyway hi and hope I can see lots of pictures of others people's babies, share experiences and advice and lots of bunny chat

Hello and welcome:wave: I have an indoor bunny called Benji, they are such good pets to have:love:
Aw thanks. Love the name benji, I rescued a budgie hatchling years ago and that's what I named him, I'm scared of birds but couldn't let him be killed so I bought him home and he bonded to me really well and only bird I was able to go near without getting scared. They are amazing pets, I fully intended to get a male and female as that's the best pairing but they were so closely bonded, initially i decided jist yo take one and bond her to a male but i felt so guilty about seperating them (they would groom, play and snuggle even when eating) that I went back to adopt penny before I even went home and so glad I did as think they would be lost without each other. I agree rabbits are amazing pets

Hello, and welcome to the forum :wave: here is a link to a couple of stickies with info on posting pictures :thumb: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?136183-Tutorial-How-to-Post-Photos http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...tos-directly-from-facebook-or-another-website :thumb: it's great that you are on the lookout for a large run, we made ours, but here's a link to a thread discussing a few different sellers http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...et-for-an-8-x-4-x-3-run-recommendations/page1

Hello and welcome. There are lots of online retailers that will deliver that do some great runs. I would suggest members are very careful giving out card and bank details and also receiving payment that way

Welcome! I am from the North East! :thumb:

Sounds like your buns are going to have an amazing life with you. :love:

Thank you for the lovely welcome. Glad to see other people from the north east on here. Exept for family that own rabbits, the other people I know here want to eat them :-( thanks for the links I've just posted in the housing section as well, not realising I had replies on here. Seems like there is lots of great advice on here, I've enjoyed looking at other people's set ups for inspiration. I did think of just bunny proofing the garden but it wouldn't work as I have a gate and a drive gate that can be opened from the outside

Back