• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need a 6ft single hutch asap

Hesperus

Warren Veteran
Help! Ludo has chewed the outside of his hutch so much he's chewed a hole through it! :roll:

He's not in it very often but it's important we have one for him, and he uses it as a litter tray!

Does anyone know where I can order a 6ft single tier rabbit hutch- quality doesn't really matter as it's indoors. It must have a 'bed' bit and open bit as he uses the enclosed bed bit as a litter tray.

I really need it asap (i.e. can go and pick up from a shop) I'd hate for him to chew through and get loose when something unbunny proof is around. :(

NB Please don't say The Range as I can't go in there any more! :lol:

am so glad this is not just me this has happened to. Only the other week it happened to us I thought it was Bumble as she's always been the naughty one but we realised it was Butter-Bean we've done a repair job on it and they've not tried to chew or scratch it since!

am so glad this is not just me this has happened to. Only the other week it happened to us I thought it was Bumble as she's always been the naughty one but we realised it was Butter-Bean we've done a repair job on it and they've not tried to chew or scratch it since!

Rabbits! :roll:

Ludo has been a horror today he's ripped up a pile of organ music I'd hidden away :evil:

Have you got a Pet's Corner near you? They do a brand of hutches that are more sturdy than normal pet shop ones. http://www.petscorner.co.uk/small-animal/hutches-runs

That's the only one I can think of where you can pick it up soon, other than pets at home, but P@H hutches are quite thin and made of that wood that bunnies love to chew.

You could ring Happy Hutch and see what timescale they can do for delivery.

Last edited:
Where abouts are you as I have one you could have, 6 ft by 2,

Only thing is its painted pink, don't ask lol

Lisa

The Range :p

Seriously though...I have no idea about the hutch, but can I ask why you can't go in The Range?! I have all sorts of scenarios running through my head :shock::lol:

Last edited:
I have had an excellent recommendation of the hutchman off one of my members on the guinea pig forum, the hutch he provided was to a very high standard, better than shop bought ones.

Thanks all for the advice, Pets at Home no longer sell a 6ft so they're out of the question anyway.

I can't go in the Range as that was the store I had my accident in, I have no desire to go in there ever again I think it's too dangerous! Plus it's not really appropriate when I've won a lawsuit against them.

I'm in Eastbourne :wave: There's a Pet Corner about 20 miles away I'll look

Avoid The Rabbit Hutch Company like the plague! They say 48 hour delivery, but make you wait weeks and weeks. And when you get fed up an ask for a refund they 'forget' to do it until you have nagged them several times and threatened them with legal action :roll:

Avoid The Rabbit Hutch Company like the plague! They say 48 hour delivery, but make you wait weeks and weeks. And when you get fed up an ask for a refund they 'forget' to do it until you have nagged them several times and threatened them with legal action :roll:

:shock:

Thanks for the heads up

I have a feeling that he delivers and assembles but guess distance does make a difference.

It's a good 2 hours away! Plus toll charges for the Dartford crossing.

I've decided to go for a relatively cheap one, my Dad has fixed the old one for now and says he'll build and if necessary adapt this one:

http://www.rabbithutchesworld.co.uk/p/Fort_William_6ft_Log_Lap_Rabbit_and_Guinea_Pig_Hutch.htm

Nice tall legs to stop someone sitting under it and chewing- Ludo isn't very tall! :lol:

Back