• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Omg just nearly had a heart attack!!!

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Had left barrier open in shed so the rabbits could come out on grass. Got puppy panels up to make a pen but I use the open door as another barrier. Well just looked out and shed door was shut leaving a gap for escape :shock: I spotted Summer in the garden heading towards behind the shed but no one else was in sight. Heidi luckily is still separated in the shed and was safely back inside. Opened shed door to put barrier back up quick, popped my head in, no sign of Skye or Dash :shock: I grabbed Summer and put her in the pen and started panicking cos still hadn't spotted other two, all running through my mind which way they could have gone and got under the fence... Then turned round and saw Skye in the pen - phew! One to go... Then I spot Dash casually munching hay in a litter tray :lol: Fright of my life! Will not be letting them in the pen again unless I'm out there from now on! I'm always in earshot but now I'm making sure I'm in eye shot! Obv didn't hear the shed door closing!

That is such an awful feeling! I have frantically crawled around the garage floor etc before now to then find a bemused bun looking at me from their bedroom whilst slowly chewing a piece of hay :roll: :D

So glad they were all ok xx

Phew, glad they're all okay and hadn't made too much of a break for freedom!

I know! I'm working on rabbit proofing the whole garden, but it's still a work in progress! Even then it will only be strictly supervised as they could still dig out if they wanted to! Luckily they're usually more interested in grazing, running around and binkying and exploring!

That is such an awful feeling! I have frantically crawled around the garage floor etc before now to then find a bemused bun looking at me from their bedroom whilst slowly chewing a piece of hay :roll: :D

So glad they were all ok xx

I think Skye was a bit freaked out that the door had closed on her but Dash was just sat there innocent as anything munching hay :lol: it's funny tho isn't it, even when u know they can't escape u still have the 'where are they' panics every now and again! I know I do!!

I think Skye was a bit freaked out that the door had closed on her but Dash was just sat there innocent as anything munching hay :lol: it's funny tho isn't it, even when u know they can't escape u still have the 'where are they' panics every now and again! I know I do!!

Without a shadow of a doubt! :D

Been there! Done that! No wonder I'm a nervous wreck :lol::lol:

I did it again tonight! Got home and went and peeked through the shed window, whilst Heidi has been separated, she's usually sat in litter tray but she wasn't and I did it then 'where is she?!' She was lay on the floor by the litter tray by the way :lol:

Good luck for tomorrow. Hope Heidi won't need to be stitched up.

Thanks, it's looking much better but still looks like it might need a couple of stitches to me :( Just want her sorted now, luckily she's still absolutely fine in herself, even did a couple of binkies on the grass yesterday! But she's hating all the messing :( As soon as she sees the towel come out and stomps, whines and huddles up, poor thing :(

Back