• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Warning Graphic Photo - Lois's surgery

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I thought some of you might find this interesting. It is Lois's surgery photo. Its not particularly gory there was no blood. But from an educational point of view I thought it was really good so have decided to share.

You can clearly see the big blood vessel running through the middle of the injury. Apparently there was only 0.5mm covering the vessel. Despite the wound only involving skin and no muscle if it had been just a fraction deeper she would have bled out and died instantly. Scary stuff

This photo was taken before the wound had been trimmed before stitching so it was made considerably bigger.

The good news is, Lois has healed incredibly well and her fur is already growing back Her personality has changed which is completely understandable, hopefully with a bit of extra love we can regain her trust.

photo11.jpg

Oh gosh, very lucky indeed. :shock: Hopefully she'll make a really good recovery, both physically and within herself too. xx

Thankyou for sharing - as somone who aspires to be a vet its interesting to see but hoping louis heals quickly Xxx

Ouchie!! :shock: poor bunny :( glad she's healing nicely though :thumb:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back