• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Owch, Spenser bit me!

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
Last night I (not for the first time) was unable to resist picking Spenser up and carrying him downstairs. We just made it to the foot of the stairs when he bit me hard on the arm as a forceful indication that I had offended his bunny dignity.

It really was sore, and I will make sure never to pick him up again if any part of my arm is bare. There was only a pinprick of blood but I have two very distinct teethmarks. I know most rabbits dislike being picked up due to being a prey species, but I don't think it is in any pet rabbit's interests to become unhandlable. It would appear that Spenser thinks differently!

Ouch! Poor you. I think I'm very lucky, Levi and Daisy have never bitten harder than an 'oi! Pay attention to me' nip. His Lordship was obviously not impressed!!

Susie, did you ask his Lordship whether or not he was happy to be picked up? Considering his status I think he should be consulted beforehand!!!!!

I hope your arm is alright....and that he hasn't upset you too much either.

Spenser......naughty boy!!!!

:love::love:

Charlie's only ever bit me by accident (he used to chew my clothes when he wanted to be cuddled :roll: ) but it's not nice! Even a little lip from such big teeth is sore :shock:

Ouch - sounds horrible.

I am lucky that my buns have only ever bitten when they have been poorly - and they are all handled regularly, so are now used to it.

Lord Spenser certainly knows how to show his displeasure doesn't he?

oh no! i hope you heal.

luckily my two have never bitten... well susie didn't before passing. and neville never has.

i do have scars (10 years on!) from a childhood (unspayed) lion head! she was a feisty little thing. pretty impressive teeth marks thought right?

Intentional bunny bites are so painful, aren't they?!:shock:

I remember I once intervened in a fight between Rosy and Alfie during bonding. Rosy latched onto the side of my wrist where there isn't much skin and I pulled away but she hung on :shock: Still got the scar a year on :lol:

Hope both you and Lord Spenser are both recovering ;)

Frankie bit me the other day!

She looked as if she was sitting uncomfortably so I gave her tummy a quick feel, she gave me a warning nip, teeth on me, but no actual hard bite. Well, I ignored this, felt her tummy again and felt the wrath!! ouch!

She somehow managed to pinch the skin, so I had this weird big raised purple bump, which has gone down into a regular bruise now. If I only she could understand I was doing it for her own good!

Sorry to hear you got bitten. I only ever got bitten once by Rosie. She was up on the couch while I was watching the walking dead , I jumped out of my skin when a Walker came out of no where and I must have given Rosie a fright because she chomped in to my toe. I screamed so hard I think I put her off biting me forever... I hope so anyway. Lol :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Back