• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much do you pay for vaccinations?

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
I recently registered with a new vet because I've moved house and when I got Apache vacc'd today it seemed really expensive. :? But maybe I'm misremembering it and comparing with the old single myxo/vhd vaccs?

Soooo....can I be nosy and ask how much you generally pay no for the combined one?

It's not like I can do owt about it, just curious :lol:

Most expensive was £35 for Theo at Vets4Pets (quickest route as I adopted him from p@H)
Cheapest was £27 ish with FHB (multi-rabbit discount)

Hmmmm mine was £44 so I guess I was right to make this face: :shock:

I'm sure at my last vet it was twenty-something. Never mind though :lol:

I paid £41 ish last week, but that included a nail clip so was probably actually £35 ish

There are probably cheaper ones near by but he gets an excellent check over by a really good bunny vet so I don't mind paying it :)

£40 each at mine. So it sounds pretty similar at most places! I'd rather go to a vet where they will definitely get a good check over and thorough notes for future use and who I trust for other things, even if it does cost a few pounds more :D

£40 per rabbit but there was a free very thorough consultation type check over of their general health with it which is normally £16 per rabbit at that vets.

Mine also was just over £40 per bunny, but that included a full health check (eyes, ears, teeth, heart, weighed and also checked how their sore hocks were getting on) and nails clipped if necessary. So not bad really considering nail clipping alone is about £20 each when done by the vet.

Are these prices just once a year because of the combi vac thing? Just curious because I know before the combi vac it was recommended that vhd be done once a year and myxi twice.

still even just once a year i bet it really adds up especially when you have several rabbits!

Are these prices just once a year because of the combi vac thing? Just curious because I know before the combi vac it was recommended that vhd be done once a year and myxi twice.

still even just once a year i bet it really adds up especially when you have several rabbits!

Yes, just once a year now. From memory it was something like £20 - £25 per vaccination on average before - so £60 - £75 per bunny per year. ... so the prices given on this thread are a huge saving compared to that.

And yes, over £400 a year budgeted for vaccinations here :shock:

£24.00 per rabbit which includes a really thorough check up (weight, heart, lungs, teeth, ears, bottoms) and nail clipping.

Back