• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Bramble

After Bugsy lost his 3rd wife last week I felt that he needed a new wife sooner rather than later (I'm going to have to change his name to King Henry the 8th I think!) So he was introduced to a new female this afternoon.. Quite a bit of back to front humping by the female, which Bugsy wasn't overly impressed by ( his pevious wifes were not as forward with their affections!) and a little bit of fur pulling, so I decided to bring her home to try to spend more time "dating" them, as this worked well last time with Violet.

So here are a few pics

Last edited:
Oh how beautiful! :) Welcome home Bramble! :love:
Hoping the bonding goes well. Happy bunny couple vibes coming your way. :) xxxxxxx

Thanks ... I think I'm going to need toilet training vibes too! I've given her a deep litter tray filled with hay but she hasn't touched it...but there are loads of excess cecotropes and small poops all over the bathroom floor. I'm hoping she's going to eat the hay ...but so far isn't showing a normal interest for fresh hay.

Bramble was in the bathroom, and Bugsy in the hall/kitchen seperated by a puppy panel so they could see each other overnight & this morning. I didn't get my son's bedroom cleared of lego & cleaned (only neutral space in my house!) until 1 pm. I set up a 4 panel pen and put tonnes of hay, sprinkled liberally with dried herbage and wagg meusli to provide diversion. Initially Bramble went in for the back to front humping that she seems to enjoy..Bugsy was having none of it, so we have had a bit of fur pulling (nothing unusual there). Then they settled down for a while, but if bramble makes a sudden move, Bugsy will chase and fur pull. At the moment all is relatively peaceful...they get reasonably close together and bugsy has done a dbf, so all looking good!

edited to add that the bedroom was spotless at 1pm......now there is hay & wagg everywhere! I should have put some boarding up on the inside of the pen to stop the hay been scattered during scuffles...and also the water went everywhere too!

Last edited:

and now they are at the stage where they are happy to lay down next to each other, though if Bramble makes a sudden movement, Bugsy starts chasing.

Thanks.

It has now been 10 hours, and we are still not at the grooming stage. :roll: Bugsy keeps giving me the look of "why have you put this bunny in with me in this pen when I should be roaming my house and sleeping on my own bed" :lol:

Thanks.

It has now been 10 hours, and we are still not at the grooming stage. :roll: Bugsy keeps giving me the look of "why have you put this bunny in with me in this pen when I should be roaming my house and sleeping on my own bed" :lol:

:lol::lol: bless him. Here's hoping they fall in love soon xx

It's now been 24 hours, and as Bramble isn't toilet trained and was peeing on the laminate floor ( I know i should have put a tarpaulin down first) I decided to clear all the aubiouse & hay to one side, and lay aheavy duty bin bag down, then do the otherside, put cc round the bottom of the puppy panels, and cover the bin bags back with the aubious and hay.

After doing that, I find Bramble is a digger & a pusher and takes great pleasure in chewing plastic bin bags, kicking aubiouse into the water bowl, then tossing the cardboard kitchen roll tube into the water bowl too :roll:

Bedroom & hall is covered in hay & aubiouse :lol: Don't you just love bunnies :lol:

So now I think I'll dig out the tarpaulin from the shed, and see if there are any free newspapers at local supermarket and do away with the aubiouse to start with. A layer of tarpauline, cardboard, newspaper and hay should be enough for the time being.

Luckily they are being pretty good..though still no grooming...though a few head to head moments when you think one will finally give in :lol:

Back