• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those of you who board your bunnies during holidays....

catherine09

Mama Doe
....please make sure you book well in advance, especially in holiday season. So far today I've had to turn down 4 bookings for July/August :shock: it's unbelievable that people leave it so late :(

When I was working in a rescue we got phone calls 2 days before Christmas asking how much it would be to buy a kitten and could they please pick it up late Christmas Eve so it would be a surprise for the kids Christmas morning :shock: listening to my boss answer that one was rather amusing :lol:

Plus I once got an earful from a lady collecting her bun, she wanted to book him in for her next holiday, which was less than 2 weeks away, in July... Apparently it was our fault we were fully booked :lol:

I don't understand it though, I would sort their boarding out before booking my holiday. Especially if it was mid season or within a few months!!!

It's not always possible....

I'd always make sure the piggies have someone to look after them before I arrange to go away but I'll only know a week or two before I actually go away if I'm going (if I can't find accommodation for the pets I will stay at home don't worry)

I can highly recommend Catherine, My Pete loves her!

:oops::oops::oops:

It's not always possible....

I'd always make sure the piggies have someone to look after them before I arrange to go away but I'll only know a week or two before I actually go away if I'm going (if I can't find accommodation for the pets I will stay at home don't worry)

I realise it's not always possible to give loads of notice, but 2 of the enquiries I had were for drop off this weekend for a week :shock: and I worry where they will now turn to board their bunnies (there are some awful awful boarding establishments around here :()

Last year I had my step dad coming to feed Slipper whilst I was away but two days before I went, he was hospitalised with pneumonia. So ringing around boarding places in August was fun trying to find someone to take him for a week at two days notice!! Luckily I did though. I'm dreading this year though as I now have 5 rabbits & my OH likes to leave it until the last minute for announcing we're going away :( all I know is it'll be one week in August and it's already July now eek :shock:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back