• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bobbie- 'Non Malignant' Vibes Needed Please

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Bobbie is about 8.5 years of age with a chronic respiratory problem. On Saturday I discovered an almond sized mass near one of her nipples. Whilst the feel of it did not immediately make me think 'cancer', (it is well circumscribed, within the skin and very mobile and non painful ) its location obviously is an issue. This morning Laura (Vet) had a feel of it and she agrees that it is probably not a cancer, but obviously she cant be 100% certain. Given Bobbie's respiratory disease and the fact that she is actually back on abx at the moment due to a flare up Laura did not want to GA Bobbie or stress her out trying to do a FNA. So I am to monitor the lump for 2 weeks and if it remains the same we will just continue with the monitoring. If it grows, changes shape, or if any other symptoms develop Bobbie will have to have surgery. This will be a huge risk due to her respiratory problems.

So if there are any spare vibes going Bobbie would very much appreciate them

Thank you everyone. At least Bobbie is blissfully unaware of the lump. I really dont want her to have to undergo surgery so I hope that the lump will not grow/change at all.

Try not to worry too much Jane. Flora had lumpy nipples and hard masses all over her undercarriage from about the age of 8 through to 10.5. They never changed and never caused her any issues. My vet could only conclude that she had some uterine tissue etc still in place following her spay when she was less than a year old. This had caused her to have phantom pregnancies throughout her life on occasion and, we think, the lumpy mammary tissue. Like I say, it caused no problems at all but sending lots of ((((vibes))))) for Bobbie all the same.

Back