• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Non slip, non chewable flooring?!

jazxo

Mama Doe
Frank is driving me absolutely insane chewing the floor (foam mats). I'm so annoyed at him. My other two never touch them but he's being such a little so and so!

It's got to the point where it's waking me up at 5 every morning and I do long, late hours so really need to be asleep.

He has a lot of space. 13ft x 4ft connected to 6ft x 4ft and that's all I can offer for now. I give him everything he could ever want to chew. Apple branches, water hyacinth tunnels and mats, hay tubes but still he decides to ruin the whole set up.

Any ideas?

Mine are outdoor bunnies, and Dandy and Beano chew terribly, when they were in hutch/run combos they had a good go at chewing the Lino on the hutch floor :shock: in their shed they now have rubber matting, it's actually conveyer belt matting I got from the suppliers, I got it for free when I said I wanted it for my bunnies :love: it is used but there was only a few surface scratches on the used side and the unused side is as new. It's 1cm thick, and they haven't even attempted to chew it. It's very non slip too. Not sure if you could find anywhere local to you that has anything like that, but if not you could try sourcing rubber matting from ebay, or stable rubber matting meant for horses, although from experience as soon as you insert the word horse into the description it seems to vastly inflate the price :shock:

Mine are outdoor bunnies, and Dandy and Beano chew terribly, when they were in hutch/run combos they had a good go at chewing the Lino on the hutch floor :shock: in their shed they now have rubber matting, it's actually conveyer belt matting I got from the suppliers, I got it for free when I said I wanted it for my bunnies :love: it is used but there was only a few surface scratches on the used side and the unused side is as new. It's 1cm thick, and they haven't even attempted to chew it. It's very non slip too. Not sure if you could find anywhere local to you that has anything like that, but if not you could try sourcing rubber matting from ebay, or stable rubber matting meant for horses, although from experience as soon as you insert the word horse into the description it seems to vastly inflate the price :shock:

That sounds great but would he not be able to chew the edges? They're indoors so it'd mean putting it over carpet but hopefully it could just use it in the place he chews most

If he can get to an edge I think he'd have a go at chewing anything if he's anything like my boys :roll: can you have it so that the flooring goes under the puppy panels or whatever you are using as their barrier, so that he can't get to the edge of it?

If he can get to an edge I think he'd have a go at chewing anything if he's anything like my boys :roll: can you have it so that the flooring goes under the puppy panels or whatever you are using as their barrier, so that he can't get to the edge of it?

Ah yes I can do that. Such a shame it's so unattractive, my bedroom is going to look like an industrial site. Thanks a lot :)

Ah yes I can do that. Such a shame it's so unattractive, my bedroom is going to look like an industrial site. Thanks a lot :)

Yes it's not the nicest to look at :lol: I wonder if non slip Lino might work if you do the same thing, so he can't get to the edges?you could stick it to some plywood to make it flatter, it might look a bit nicer :thumb: if you went to an independent carpet shop you might get a roll end if you say it's for your bunnies, I've never failed yet :lol: The boys only chewed Lino in the hutch where they got to the edge around the ramp :roll:

Safety flooring like altro may look prettier, but I'm not sure it would offer the same padding as foam if he needs it?

Back