• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Obviously bleach doesn't get out grease...

giddermup

Warren Scout
So... I finally decided that it was time to clean Mokona up. She's always so dirty and greasy looking.

Obviously bleach doesn't get out grease and it shrinks the bunny too! It didn't say that on the bottle!
Could it have been the scalding hot water...
Yikes! Anyone have any other ideas?

OMG! What have I done? ... I've gone and found another bun who is bleached version of her Queenship.
(Her name is Yuki, Japanese for snow. I'm still working out a "last name" for her.)
Yuki is so sweet and friendly... and mischievous.
Mokona is a grump and as I always say, "Mokona doesn't like anybody, not even herself." Well, except my mom. Mokona loves my mom.

Comparison baby photos:

Yes, Mokona, you used to be cute and fluffy too.

Yuki's been so good. Well... She did decide that digging a hole to China in the wee hours of the morning was a good idea (and I mean every hour on the hour like a good working common bun). But that's youngsters for you. I'm sure her ladyship and I will get used to it eventually.

I think her father was a monkey. She has been climbing on my bed and causing mischief all day today. She even tried to hop up the bookcase. But the sides were too slippery for her fuzzy feet and she slid down in slow motion. Give her a few more months of growing and the bookcase is going to be on the loosing end I'm afraid.

"So what are these white square things you were saying bad words over this morning?"
"Those are called bills, Yuki. And it's not fun paying them. Get used to it. I do it the beginning of every month."
"Yeah, whatever. Yum! This is tasty!"
"Yuki! Leave the curtains alone!"

Until last Thursday, Mokona was the Princess. Now that she is the older bun in the house she has been recrowned the "Queen".
Sorry Moke! That's what happens when you reach middle age. You're not a teenager anymore.

"I know," she says. "It's tough being a big sister. Can't we send her back?"
"No, Mokona! She's sweeter than you so we are keeping her."
Sigh... "I tried."

(actually an old picture, but it suits Mokona's current drama)

What a beautiful little bun! I hope she settles in well and your curtains will soon be safe :0) hope mokona soon grows to love her too xx

I was worried when I started reading about the bleach :oops::lol: They are gorgeous bunnies, I like their names too. Ooh and I have the same bunny cushion as you :D

Thanks everybody! It was a quiet night (I feel like I should be worried ;)

I was worried when I started reading about the bleach :oops::lol: They are gorgeous bunnies, I like their names too. Ooh and I have the same bunny cushion as you :D

I was thinking I should have put a disclaimer on the bottom of the post. "No bunnies were harmed in the writing of this post. But the same can't be said about the human." :lol:

The same bunny cushion? That's funny:D My mom used cute fabric she found in Lancaster, PA and covered an old round pillow. Unless you are talking about the white cushion that has several dozen Mexican Jumping beans hiding in her.

Thanks everybody! It was a quiet night (I feel like I should be worried ;)

I was thinking I should have put a disclaimer on the bottom of the post. "No bunnies were harmed in the writing of this post. But the same can't be said about the human." :lol:

The same bunny cushion? That's funny:D My mom used cute fabric she found in Lancaster, PA and covered an old round pillow. Unless you are talking about the white cushion that has several dozen Mexican Jumping beans hiding in her.
I meant the green cushion with Brown bunnies. Someone on here made them a few years ago and I bought two :D

Ah! I see. I guess when some crafty bunny lover finds fabric like that they gobble it right up. My mom is always on the lookout for cute fabric.

Back