• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elidore and Elsa UD New pics 13th July

Fifibutton

Wise Old Thumper
Elidore is 10 going on 11 and Elsa is 2 :shock: But he was very lonely after his friends died so it was imperative to find him a gentle friend and after hearing Buddies were closing down we decided to help out one last time. Elidore chose Elsa after a much feistier female attacked him for being horny :shock: But Elsa put up with it for the most part and even humped him back :D So she speaks his language :lol:

After much much humping (so much humping that he fell off her, fell asleep on her back and even rode on her back as she tried to move away from his advances) things are much calmer and they are enjoying the garden :love: I think it won't be too long before they become closer and start grooming.

I am pretty certain Elsa's eyes are pink but they do glow red when reflecting the light. So I wonder if that makes her a PEW? I have never had a PEW or REW before and I am glad they liked each other as I know they are often overlooked in rescues. Are albino bunnies more prone to any health conditions and sunburn? Elsa's ears are pink and sparsely furred.

Last edited:
They look beautiful together :love: Not sure about REW buns, though I did have REW piggies over 20 years ago, and as far as I remember, they didn't have any particular difficulties.

:love:

Her eyes look like Rose's. Depending on the light they are sometimes pink, sometimes blue, sometimes lilac. :shock:

:love:

Her eyes look like Rose's. Depending on the light they are sometimes pink, sometimes blue, sometimes lilac. :shock:

Thank you. They do seem pale pink most of them time but they have been called blue by someone and red by someone else. In real life though they seem pink. She looks like a wee lamb with her pretty face and long ears.

Lovely photos. :love: I'm not sure about conditions albinos may be tend to have, other than poor eyesight. I don't think Spenser's sight is that bad, but he may use hearing and smell to compensate. Sunburn isn't an issue with him as he lives indoors. He was an outdoor bun to begin with, and I asked the vet if I would need to watch his ears, but she said they were really quite well-furred so should be fine.

:love:.. Awwww i hope all goes well for them...... You have a big heart...

Lots of bunny love vibes being sent!:love:

Thank you. They do seem pale pink most of them time but they have been called blue by someone and red by someone else. In real life though they seem pink. She looks like a wee lamb with her pretty face and long ears.

Too cute.

Rose used to scan a lot, although I rarely see her do it now. But if it's bright outside she often has her eyes closed! Other than that I don't think they affect her too much. :)

Is Elidore really that age :shock: He looks amazing!

It's fabulous that they seem to be getting on so well :love::love::thumb:

Unfortunately I can't comment about REW other than Elsa is beautiful xxx

Is Elidore really that age :shock: He looks amazing!

It's fabulous that they seem to be getting on so well :love::love::thumb:

Unfortunately I can't comment about REW other than Elsa is beautiful xxx

He is at least that age :lol: I have had him since November 2003 and he was estimated to be around 3 months old. He was a young un then and had not fully grown into his ears so we estimated his birthday is August. I also have 11 years worth of veterinary records for him so yes I am pretty sure :lol::lol:

Elidore has always been young for his age. Until recently he was bouncy, active, always looking for mischief and despite being the oldest bunny he was the fastest when it came to zooming and binkies. Then after his male friends died he withdrew into himself and stayed in his run and would not come out into the garden he loves so much. He lives for the garden and thrives on energy and adrenaline. That is why we adopted Elsa, purely for Elidore however long he may have left, we want them to be happy and fulfilled times for him and indeed since she came along yesterday, he has perked up so much. He was all over the garden from top to bottom, wherever she went, he followed and he seems to have woken up and come alive again.

The humping story did make me laugh. Funny creatures.

Your new girl is stunning.:love::love::love:

You should have seen us laughing at the rescue. I don't think any of us had ever witnessed such a funny bonding before. I was mortified at first, he is supposed to be too old for all that nonsense :lol:

You should have seen us laughing at the rescue. I don't think any of us had ever witnessed such a funny bonding before. I was mortified at first, he is supposed to be too old for all that nonsense :lol:

:lol::lol:

I read about bunny buddies, did make me wonder about Bandit. I am in a terrible situation, he is lonely and I have never not got a new companion within a week or two of them losing their partner. James is likely to lose his job, the whole department is, a process that is going to take at least a month to 6 weeks if not longer. Cannot get another rabbit if he is going to be out of work, yet so many bunnies need a home.:(

:lol::lol:

I read about bunny buddies, did make me wonder about Bandit. I am in a terrible situation, he is lonely and I have never not got a new companion within a week or two of them losing their partner. James is likely to lose his job, the whole department is, a process that is going to take at least a month to 6 weeks if not longer. Cannot get another rabbit if he is going to be out of work, yet so many bunnies need a home.:(

It is really hard, I am sorry things are so difficult for you. After three of my boys had to pts this year I did not want anymore new bunnies but Elidore was just so depressed. It makes sense, he has always known the garden to have bunnies in it. I suppose Bandit and Mr Bennett could not be bonded?

New photos from today :love: Elidore is a lot calmer and more interested in gentler pursuits with Elsa now. She loves the garden, having a friend and being able to eat lots :lol:

I found them hiding in some dried grass, they looked like they had built a love nest :love:

Tongue!

Proper kisses :D

Back