• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I screwed up

dumblepaws

Mama Doe
Waffles has been a total cutie all afternoon - licking me, having snuggles, flopping

And she was totally trying to find a comfy spot to flop on my lap but couldn't as my skirt was too slippery, so she's gone back to the carpet and is chilling with DP so even though I've now got a blanket over me to give her a nice flop space, I missed my chance :(

Don't worry, it'll happen again. If she's a foodie you could always try sitting on the floor and hand-feeding treats. They'll often stand on your lap with their front feet and then you can get crafty and hold the treat so that they have to reach right over your lap to get the food. With any luck, she'll hop right up. I wouldn't touch her but let her get down when she's ready. Once she's comfortable with being on your lap you can try to stroke her.

She's very comfortable around me - hops on my knee for strokes and tooth purrs away, can lick me sat on my lap for hours - was just the way she was stretching her paws you could tell she really wanted a comfy place to flop on me which she's never done before. I just need to make my lap comfier for flopping
Tried again later and she wasn't in the right mood
One day.....

Back