• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Inaccurate information (pet magazine)

luna

Mama Doe
I got a uk based small pet magazine yesterday (I'm not sure if I can mention the name)

Anyway they have a question and answer section and the reader asked a question about giant rabbits and whether it was true that they have a shorter lifespan than normal rabbits . Anyway the "animal expert" basically said it was a myth and that this is only true with dogs and the size of rabbit makes no difference to over all life span.

This really annoyed me. It is the second time I have purchased this magazine and seen inaccuracies in relation to rabbits. Grrr :/

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

I got a uk based small pet magazine yesterday (I'm not sure if I can mention the name)

Anyway they have a question and answer section and the reader asked a question about giant rabbits and whether it was true that they have a shorter lifespan than normal rabbits . Anyway the "animal expert" basically said it was a myth and that this is only true with dogs and the size of rabbit makes no difference to over all life span.

This really annoyed me. It is the second time I have purchased this magazine and seen inaccuracies in relation to rabbits. Grrr :/

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Email the Editor :D

I read the p@h magazine the other day with Toyah Wilcox. She said she'd always got the same breed of rabbit (so not exactly pro rescue) and she'd always had single rabbits so not pro bunny having a friend. Made my blood boil!

I read the p@h magazine the other day with Toyah Wilcox. She said she'd always got the same breed of rabbit (so not exactly pro rescue) and she'd always had single rabbits so not pro bunny having a friend. Made my blood boil!

Mine are all Dutch rabbits - but they're all rescues.

I wanted to read that article to see if it was as bad as I've heard, I hope not as she is a patron of the RWAF.

Back