• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

**** She's Pulled Her Drain Out / OK Slight Overreaction...

Cari

Warren Veteran
:censored:

:censored: what the hell do I do now. We'd just flushed it, next thing I know I look down and the drain is at my feet and Ellie is halfway across the room flicking her feet at me.

:censored: it's 9pm on a Saturday. What the **** do I do?

Last edited:
A weeks time if all was going well. She's only had it in for three days.

I don't know if I need to phone the vet or just leave it until Monday or what.

When I first read this I thought you meant a drain that leads to a sewer or something :oops:

I'd phone the vet for advice at least. How serious is the reason she had it in? Would it be detrimental to her health the wait until Monday?

I'd phone the vet and speak to them (ring the usual number and there'll be a recorded message advising you how to make contact with the vet). They'll be able to advise you over the phone whether you need to get Ellie seen tonight or if it can wait till Monday.

If only it was that simple!!

She's had it in for a jaw abscess to allow flushing, I'm guessing it's not a serious emergency but now I'm panicking that she's hurt herself or damaged the wound it something.

I'm just panicking.

Ok.

Slight Overreaction and freak out finished now... :roll:
Sorry.

Emergency vet thinks she should be ok but to keep a close eye that she's not in pain and the abscess doesn't start filling back up again.

Sorry everyone. :?

Ok.

Slight Overreaction and freak out finished now... :roll:
Sorry.

Emergency vet thinks she should be ok but to keep a close eye that she's not in pain and the abscess doesn't start filling back up again.

Sorry everyone. :?
Don't apologise! We all panic initially! Just need to remember to take a few deep breaths and calm down :)!

Glad the vet thinks she'll be ok :thumb: silly bunny :p

Awwww, no need to apologise. :love: I'd probably freak a little if it happened to one of mine too (& my daughter's a trainee vet nurse so I'm constantly pestering her over little things :oops::lol::lol:). I'm glad it's not as serious as you thought and hopefully all will be fine. :D

Back