• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Soft bed, hard bed, edible bed, no bed?

Bed?

• Soft Bed

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Hard Bed

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Edible Bed

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • No Bed

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters

Freakinfreak

Alpha Buck
I was just wondering how many people give their buns beds and if they do, which sort?

I'm thinking Neo will eat anything soft but debating an edible one...

Poll is private so no one can see your vote!

I voted no bed but that's not strictly true, oscar is an indoor bunny & sleeps wherever he chooses, carpet, hay bed, toilet, so I suppose we do provide the carpet:?

Mine don't have a bed. They tend to dig and nibble soft things so I wouldn't risk it. They are indoor bunnies and switch between lying on the carpet, the ceramic tiles I got them or the lino kitchen floor.

I did see Maddie lay on the sofa once but she's never bothered again so I don't think they'd be that interested by a soft bed!

Hopscotch has a soft bed. It's shaped like a little house, so with sides and roof. Good for it he's feeling like he wants to hide from anything/anyone! No idea if he sleeps in it at night, but is often lying in it during the day.

Mine have soft beds they like to lounge on in the day, but at night they will find a cold, hard patch of floor/ground and sleep there! :roll:

I have mixed opinions on beds, every official soft cat type bed or soft hidey house has been destroyed or used as a toilet so I tend not to bother with them anymore :)
But saying that he has a padded fleece blanket which he loves, and an amazon box with a folded fleece blanket which he flops in and sleeps in so I don't know whether it's just expensive beds he likes to ruin...

He also sleeps on my bed and on the floor, so I don't think he's too fussy :lol:

I gave up on beds. I once gave my bridge bunny Iggy a soft bed in his later years when he started with arthritis. He dug a hole within 2 days, preferring to sleep on the floor under the table or on the kitchen rug still instead.

Walter and Betty dug theirs out from under the my bed where they sleep and left it in the middle of the floor, preferring an ikea fleece and the normal carpet instead. I put it back a few times before I got fed up of falling over it! Silly bunnies!

Mine have an old sheet on the floor under my own bed so I guess thats a hard bed. They actively avoid anything soft. :roll:

i voted for no bed but they often go into their tunnels to sleep, so they have a cosy space. when they're in bigger pens they go into their carriers for sleep but we're a bit pushed for space while i'm working on the house.

My bun has a cage full of hay and she sleeps in there at night but during the day she sleeps on my carpet. She's far to chewy for any thing else! She nibbled my wire that fell down today and I had to replace :/

They don't have a bed. i've found they're very unpredictable about where they like to lie and sometimes choose the most uncomfortable places, so I don't think they'd make use of any bed I could buy them!

They do however have one of those little plastic stools about a foot high which they really like lying under. Other stuff in their cage has come and gone but I've kept that for years, including three house moves, because they love it so much I don't know what they'd do if it disappeared!

Currently they just have a Trixie wooden box/house with hay inside. They do also have a dog bed that is not currently out there, it is also hard but I line it with blankets or hay. I don't think they sleep in the Trixie house, but will sleep on top of it sometimes. Barney loves to sleep in the dog bed though.

So hard beds with soft things in them :D

Last edited:
Mine loved their soft bed but wee'd on it daily. Then started eating it. I then got a plastic dog bed which I stuffed with hay and they used that all the time.

All beds are somewhere to pee and poo according to my quad :shock::lol: hence now all beds are litter trays and all litter trays are beds :lol: (wood pellet cat litter topped with hay)

When I bought mine their own bed, they seemed to love it but ripped it to pieces within days :roll: Now they just sleep on my bed if they feel like it but alot of the time sleep on the carpet or on tiles.

:wave: unfortunately I can't vote as I have given them soft beds that were eaten :lol::lol:

No bed and they just ate the hutch :roll:

So I vote all three Nd still fail :shock:

Back