• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cat litter recommendations for rabbit litter tray

KatP

Alpha Buck
As the title says! What cat litter do you recommend for my buns litter tray? Have just been using hay but in this warm weather it has started to smell even though changed daily. I can't afford to change the hay 3 times a day for 4 poop pots just to stop the smell so was thinking of using cat litter but want to make sure the one I use is safe for rabbits, so any suggestions would be great.

I use wood pellet cat litter, it's very absorbent and you only need a thin layer :thumb: I put a some hay on top and then more hay in racks over their trays too :thumb:

I use wood pellet cat litter, it's very absorbent and you only need a thin layer :thumb: I put a some hay on top and then more hay in racks over their trays too :thumb:

This ....Another wood pellet fan here :) avoid cat liters that clump xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Is there a particular brand you use? This sounds exactly what I need. I would defiantly cover with hay as my bun eats lots of hay whilst sitting in her poop pot :)

I use back-2-nature litter which can be approx £11ish for 30 litres. Lasts a while as I don't change the litter box every day. It gets mixed up with the obvious bits taken out which airates it and allows the wee to evaporate slightly drying it out.

It's not at all dusty, it's recycled and it works for us.

I find the cats best brand really good and zooplus do great deals on it compared to pet stores. Tesco also do wood pellet litter but it's very heavily scented with a pine smell so I stopped using that one.

I think I use biocatolet from p@h it's a recycled paper pellet one :)
Really absorbent and it doesn't smell once it's been weed on :)

I use tesco wood cat litter it's really good doesn't smell and all
Comes out in one go when tipping into the bin so not messy at all then I just put some hat on top xx

I also use Breeder celect but order it from Amazon as it is slightly cheaper. I tried a different one but nothing is as good as breeder celect for me.

I use tesco wood cat litter it's really good doesn't smell and all
Comes out in one go when tipping into the bin so not messy at all then I just put some hat on top xx

I was using this too but was concerned when I saw they use pine scent in it ? Thought it might be harmful so stopped using it. In saying that I was using it for months with no ill effect.

I was using Smart Cat litter for a while - it's wood pellets without anything added. I think the wood is cooked so it should reduce any natural phenols that you get in wood-based litters (but I've honestly no idea what an acceptable level is). You can buy it from Asda.

Merry started missing some fur on his hocks (which I think was probably because he kept choosing to sit in the rain to be honest), so the vet suggested I switch to something softer.

Biocatolet is pretty good - a bit expensive. You can get it from PAH and Sainsburys. Megazorb worked well too, but the huge bag was a bit of a pain.

I'm now getting the 23.5l Tumblefresh - it's around £17 but lasts for ages. It's definitely my favourite and the most absorbent of anything I've tried. There's a similar one called Carefresh which is is not as good, and the 60l bag seems a lot smaller than the 23.5l tumblefresh bag.

Back