• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milo is trying to hump Finn! UPDATE: OPTED NOT TO HAVE ABDOMINAL SURGERY

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
When the boys were out tonight Milo humped Finn! D= What do I do? Do I separate them?

He tried once and I got him straight off! Now as soon as I put them back he tried again! I don't want him humping him all the time! I'm fairly sure that they are both male but hes trying it all the time! I don't want them to fight D=

Help! I have no idea what to do!? :(

Last edited:
I have two unneutered girls and they hump fairly frequently mainly if there's food involved or if I go into the garden (which generally means food time!)

Were you doing anything different at the time?

I have two unneutered girls and they hump fairly frequently mainly if there's food involved or if I go into the garden (which generally means food time!)

Were you doing anything different at the time?

No, they were just out as usual, they always come out into the front room in the evening and have a run around. Milo didn't even do it straight away they had been out for at least half an hour before he just decided to chase him and jump on top of him D=

I think you had better separate them now until post neuter otherwise a fight could break out.

Sounds like hormones are kicking in, maybe his balls have dropped and he's now ready for the snip. Are they fighting or is he just humping?

I agree, if they are both un-neutered males, it is best to seperate them till they are neutered then bond them again. Also, buns hump each other even after being neutered, especially in spring ....it's a dominance thing! Even girls will hump each other..but if one bun isn't happy a nasty fight could break out.

Maybe its the heat? I must admit, humping is normal to me because they do it often but then they aren't neutered. And I rarely see a normal hump, they always hump each others faces :roll:

I wouldn't separate them, just keep an eye on them. I'd assume (maybe wrongly) that they've been asleep for most of the day because of the heat as I know mine have so maybe it was a quick way of getting rid of excess energy?

I think you had better separate them now until post neuter otherwise a fight could break out.

I don't really have anywhere to put them, I have a spare hutch in the garden but its no good really. At the minute Milo is in the cage and Finn is running around outside, they seem to really want to be with each other. Me and my partner are away all day tomorrow and Sundays they obviously don't do neuters, I would have to wait until at least Monday and chances are there wouldn't be an appointment right away. :(

The vet told me two weeks ago that neither of the boys including Milo didn't have anything there so within two weeks he has now started humping? This has come on quickly so its been a total surprise? They had an appointment to go back the 18th but its looking like it'll have to be sooner?

Sounds like hormones are kicking in, maybe his balls have dropped and he's now ready for the snip. Are they fighting or is he just humping?

Well I've only seen him try and hump twice. I took him off straight away, so I didn't have a chance to see if they were fighting? Finn didn't look particularly bothered though?

When I had my bridge bun Holly (initially meant to be a girl according to vet as she had no plums :lol:) I put her in with two girly buns and she turned out to be a he after all! Hormones can kick in before the plums become noticable :lol:

When I had my bridge bun Holly (initially meant to be a girl according to vet as she had no plums :lol:) I put her in with two girly buns and she turned out to be a he after all! Hormones can kick in before the plums become noticable :lol:

I'm just concerned about how to keep them while I try and get a vets appointment?

I've let them back out together and Milo seems to be sniffing around Finns ''area'' a lot....tats worries me a little. Also he is still grooming Finn a lot and hasn't tried to hump him again yet....

I mean like I say I can't get a vet appointment till the morning and I can't get a neuter appointment until at least Monday? and then its a slim chance of getting one that soon...

If you're not 100% sure that they're both boys then I would definitely separate them!

Yes but its easier said than done , they really seem to want to be together and I don't want to separate unnecessarily...

They are out together now and there seems to be no more humping. But obviously I'm concerned about humping or fighting overnight...Should I make a vets appointment to see someone tomorrow even if they can't get neutered?

OK, for now we have put the spare hutch into the utility and placed the medical cage next to it so they can still see eachother but are separated?

is that ok? I'm going to try and get an appointment in the morning to get this sorted....im so annoyed haha, just had the utility done now draggin a dirty old hutch into it.....grrr...

This is how I've had to set them up for the night, its not ideal at all...one in the bottom of the spare hutch and one in the medical cage next to each other. I wanted them close but not able to hump as I don't want them to fall out...:(

Will this be OK? I'm going to ring in the morning and get my mam to take them to the vets and ask them about this...Milo MUST have his plumbs if he's doing this right? I'm so annoyed, the boys were due to go into their new enclosure this weekend! Now its looking like there's no chance unless they are neutered first! I'm gutted :(

Anyone? is this ok? theres not a lot of help around tonight and I could really do with some reassurance?

Sorry im not a lot of help but im waiting to get my girls spayed and they're aloud to play together through cage/run bars but if I was to put them together they would fight but they love eachother through the bars :love:

Hope someone more knowledgeable comes along!

The options are basically you gamble and keep them together, the odd hump might not lead to fighting, on the other hand it can be the precursor to fighting. If they do fight then it can mean issues for bonding later plus the risk of injury. Option two is do as you have and split them, which they won't like but does guarantee they can't fight.

Neuter ops are routine so Monday will be the earliest they can do it - if you explain your worries they might fit it in asap.

Back