• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Bunny Room! Almost there!

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
From this:

To THIS: :D

Sorry for the new thread but that one just kind of phazed out and became stale.

Its been a long haul! 6 weeks in total and the boys have been in their temporary housing for a long time, longer than we thought. (Initially 3-4 weeks) But we his snags and then things needed to be sorted. But this is the bunny room almost done!
Myself and the OH were painting the wooden frame for the enclosure last night, I will upload some pictures later tonight! The enclosure is going at the end of this room, where the big window is at the end. Its 6 foot wide and 5 foot long so plenty of room to go about business during the day, then free range at night in here! It doesnt look like much at the minute as theres no bunny enclosure or toys but I have a giant mat of vetbed to go in there as well as the zooplus cat maisonette http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/...tdoor/278229?gclid=CInE9-zMq78CFdPLtAodTnIAtw, tunnels and new large litter trays and other goodies for them!

Im hoping to get it done Sunday, as we are away tomorrow but I'm SO excited, will upload more photos when I start moving some bunny stuff in! :D

It looks great! You'll have to post more pics when the bunnies are in.

I will! Like I said i'm aiming for Sunday! We still have to put another layer of cuprinol on the frame and then staple to mesh to it! But that shouldn't take too long! :D

Lovely space :thumb: Just wondering will they have access to the area where the washer is? Thinking it might be a good idea to put some kind of barrier around to stop poops and more importantly wees getting under! I only know from experience, bit different, but my dogs had a few 'accidents' next to the washer in my kitchen and it is a nightmare to clean up and as we know it's important to get rid if all traces to prevent re-marking the space! Even litter trained rabbits, I have found, will still choose odd patches where they'll suddenly decide to wee for no reason! Just thought I'd mention it before it's too late :lol:

Lovely space :thumb: Just wondering will they have access to the area where the washer is? Thinking it might be a good idea to put some kind of barrier around to stop poops and more importantly wees getting under! I only know from experience, bit different, but my dogs had a few 'accidents' next to the washer in my kitchen and it is a nightmare to clean up and as we know it's important to get rid if all traces to prevent re-marking the space! Even litter trained rabbits, I have found, will still choose odd patches where they'll suddenly decide to wee for no reason! Just thought I'd mention it before it's too late :lol:

They probably wont be near it most of the time, i'm planning on getting a proper worktop with cupboards installed eventually but for now i'm just going to put some things in front of it whilst they are out free range in there. I'll be supervising them when they are free range so I'm not too worried about them doing that :thumb:

They won't be able to get behind it as its too close to the wall. There's hardly any gap at all. and the lino is right underneath so if for whatever reason pees did get underneath it would simply be a case of pulling the washer out and mopping under it :)

They probably wont be near it most of the time, i'm planning on getting a proper worktop with cupboards installed eventually but for now i'm just going to put some things in front of it whilst they are out free range in there. I'll be supervising them when they are free range so I'm not too worried about them doing that :thumb:

They won't be able to get behind it as its too close to the wall. There's hardly any gap at all. and the lino is right underneath so if for whatever reason pees did get underneath it would simply be a case of pulling the washer out and mopping under it :)

Just thought I'd mention :lol: Glad u think its a 'simple case of moving the washer' :shock: Not found it so simple myself :lol: suppose bunny wee isn't as... Erm... Spreadable as dogs so prob would be much easier anyway. Can u tell this is something that has caused me some issues?! :lol:

Just thought I'd mention :lol: Glad u think its a 'simple case of moving the washer' :shock: Not found it so simple myself :lol: suppose bunny wee isn't as... Erm... Spreadable as dogs so prob would be much easier anyway. Can u tell this is something that has caused me some issues?! :lol:

Maybe slightly :lol: I think it should be ok anyway, if I hit snags I guess Ill have to work it out :lol:

Back