• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long does moulting go on for? Seems like forever!

dumblepaws

Mama Doe
Waffles and DP are moulting for the first time, and it seems like it's gone on forever - their nose went first about 3 weeks ago, and DP has had a huge patch of fur that's new for about a week but there's still so much left to moult, and i get covered in a cloud of supersoft minirex fur every time i stroke them!
Am sure it will be time for their winter moult by the time this one is done!

Tully and Kyla are in the middle of it too - I can't believe how much comes out every day!
Also Kyla's is a completely different colour underneath - like a different rabbit!

I am pretty certain ferg started moulting a month and a half ago and we're only half way down his back...
He looks like 2 rabbits stuck together he's such a scruff :)
I can't remember a time when there wasn't rabbit fur EVERYWHERE :(

Arthur started about 6 weeks ago and we'd got down to the bottom bits. Now he's started from the beginning again and just looks proper scruffy :love: Elsie (rex) moulted a big bald patch on her tummy, but other than that has been quite tidy-looking (she is a girly though :))

That's a relief (that they're not stuck mid moult)
Am bracing myself for another month of scruffy bunnies and flying fur :(

My garden looks weird at the moment, all the spiders webs on the fences are covered in rabbit fur!!! :lol:

That's a relief (that they're not stuck mid moult)
Am bracing myself for another month of scruffy bunnies and flying fur :(

Have you tried using a rubbery type brush? :) I've got a finger brush thing from p@h that's made of something rubbery feeling and it is AMAZING!
It gets so much fur off really quickly and mine loves being brushed with it (touch wood) at the moment :) definitely speeding up the hair loss process :)

M&M started getting moult lines in February (I only got them in January) and are still getting them now. There's always tumbleweed like balls of hair floating around my kitchen floor. There's never any fur in their poo though despite their refusal to be groomed. They are indoor bunnies though so I think they're just going to moult constantly!

Rabbits seemingly moult for weeks and weeks and weeks. No sooner they're done with their moult for summer then they're moulting again for winter with no apparent break in between. Well mine do anyway! :roll:

Back