• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do rabbits respond with teeth?

Springfield24

Alpha Buck
Hi
For a while now I've noticed when I shout or call for my bunnies or am just talking they chatter their teeth. It's always relaxed I'm 100% sure it's not a dental issue. It always seems to be that I'll say something and when I stop they chatter their teeth then when I start talking again they stop and will start again after I've finished.

I know I'm probably being over generous to myself but could it be that they enjoy my chatting to them so chatter their teeth in the same way they would with a head rub?

Or, be honest, am I just wishful thinking? 😜

I have to say it's not something I've seen mine do. But it's a rather lovely thought :D.

Not something any of my buns have done either ...maybe they are clever buns. I have always wondered why buns don't make any noise, wheras my pigs don't stop weeking whenever I go into the kitchen. Even if their food & water bowls are topped up, they still squeek as they know that me in kitchen often means chopping sound=food..even if it is raw onion (I don't feed them it :lol:)

Yes!!! But only Neville.

He'll wiggle his mouth when I speak to him! I thought I was going mad but my sister noticed it too :)

Ahh yay I'm not alone! We must have clever bunnies Jesselle x

Neville is very smart and good at problem solving :) and with no disrespect to my beautiful darling late Susie (recently passed), Neville was the 'clever one' :lol: and Susie the brave and confident one.

I've thought about starting this thread so many times, and googled for info lol.

yes mine chatter their teeths when they are happy or relaxed to, so sometimes I have to think oh are they ok or is it dental, with them having to have dentals, but yes they do as you say can chatter them when relaxed and not in pain etc

Ferg does this too :)
If he's chilled out and I'm talking to him or just cuddling him he sits there chattering to himself :love:

Back