• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit sitting in South Leeds

Does anyone know of any profesional pet sitters in South Leeds who will look after a house rabbit?
We are going away in October and don't know anyone who can look after our bun. I have already booked boarding but already feeling upset about leaving him somewhere. I think he would be much happier at home. The only other thing I am worried about with a sitter though is he may get lonely as won't get much attention.

I am still not sure what to do but wanted to know the options.

Aw. We use a sitter if we go away for 1-2 nights, but board them for any longer than that, if that helps. I feel more comfortable with the boarding from the point of view of them noticing if anything is wrong too, as a sitter really won't see them for very long each day.

We use Muts n Moggies in Pudsey for the sitting (probably a bit too far for you), and Tuckerbunnies or Bunny Camp Leeds for boarding. I would recommend both. Ours are all paired up so I don't really worry about them being lonely while we're away.

Thanks for the reply. I have booked Bunnycamp actually and it does look really nice so may be the best option. And like you said at least they will be able to keep a close eye on him.

I used to get family to look after him but we moved to Leeds 2 years ago and not been able to go on holiday due to not having rabbit sitting options! I really need to get used to the idea so we can start going away again.

I think because he is a single bunny it makes me feel worse about leaving him.

I think whatever you do, you'll always worry about them when you're away! I know I always do.
Is getting a friend for him an option?

I have thought about this lots but not sure how we would accommodate another one and as he has been on his own for 3 + years so not sure well he would accept another rabbit.

My partner is quite against the idea as well. I think he is worried about having double the mess and house damage!

How 'south' Leeds are you? I'd offer although I'm not 100% sure if I'd be home from uni at that time

Back