• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boarding in essex

Buddy's

New Kit
Hi, new to the forum but desperately looking for boarding for my indoor bunny. Can anyone recommend anywhere around the chelmsford essex area.
Thanks

Hi, I used to live in Chelmsford, I'd say the best place is Happy Bunnies boarding in earls colne near braintree. You should be able to find the details if you google it...the website doesn't look terribly good I don't think, but she has a fab bunny room (back of a converted garage) for housebunnies and is a very switched on vet nurse, so they'd be on good hands. I've used her several times and been very happy. Other than that, I have been to Hertfordshire and Surrey, because I haven't found anywhere else local that I'm happy with!!

Hi Santa, thanks for the reply. Have tried Happy Bunnies and they are fully booked for the dates we want. It's quiet short notice because been let down by somebody who was going to bunny sit. Bunny is not a good traveller so can't go too far.
Thanks again.

I have looked on findpetboarding.com can anyone recommend any from the list apart from happy bunnies they are fully booked.
Thanks

Not sure why the website is coming up with Poole.... That's the website on the card I have....!

Google brings up her details x

A little far maybe, but Little Lodgers in Romford is very good. They are in an air conditioned summer house in pens (I think 6 x 3ft) not ideal but bigger than a lot of places around here and no hutches are used. They have time outside in their own paved run when weather is good. Have used them a few times and have been very happy with the service. I know a lot of people use them regularly. The only problem I find is they do get booked up very quick.

Hope you find somewhere suitable.:wave:

Romford is a little too far, we are in north chelmsford. We are going to visit Newbarn stud in cressing tomorrow hopefully everything will be ok! I'm just very anxious it's the first time we have been away since getting him last year. He usually free ranges and just uses his cage for a base and a lot of the bunny boarding is for outside in hutches :(

Hi, went yesterday Janice at Newbarn Stud seems really nice. I have booked 1 of her large hutches in her very large shed. Would have been happier with him staying in a room indoors and free ranging but there's not many places that offer that in Essex!

I know what you mean..... My buns are free range so I wasn't too keen to have them in a cage but I made sure it was the largest cage she had (think it was a 6 ft one?) and I thought to myself it's only for a short time.

I liked the idea that she clearly knows a lot about rabbits and is around a lot of the time.

I am sure your buns will be fine x

I keep telling myself if for less than a week, he might appreciate what he's got at home when he comes back :)

Back