• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter training

Fellie

Warren Veteran
My nephew now has 2 buns...Simba and his daughter Layla.
Simba is now neutered and has his own hutch.
Layla is about 12 weeks old and has her own hutch.
They are 'bonded' in that they have free range of the room they are in together during the day and outside but put in their separate hutches at night. Their hutches are way too small for one bun never mind two so cannot be together at night...I am gently working on the size issue but they at least have loads of space during the day...It is a big room.

Anyway...The little girl is being a problem with litter training.
She ignores her tray and pees at the base of the ramp going up to the 2nd level of her hutch.
I have already said it will get better once she is spayed etc.
Any other advice I can give? Never had a problem with our buns...but then they have the space for us to move litter trays to where they prefer them.

I'm assuming they have hay in their trays? I found with my girls I had to put litter trays all over wherever they weed before they were spayed, but since spaying they have been loads better. Having said that on the ramp you can't put a tray there :lol: I think I would recommend regularly cleaning that area, neutralising it and see if she could be persuaded to wee elsewhere!

Back