• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are any of you other hoomins caged in at night?

Lucy-Lou

Mama Doe
Barney's decided to start using my bed as a toilet again, so now the rabbits are roaming around free-range while I'm penned into my bed at night.. this seems unfair :? I'm not a pet! :roll:

Hmm, servants get paid though :lol:

They're very good house rabbits in every other regard, they don't chew furniture or dig the carpets, I just wish I didn't have to be locked up every night :lol:

I am but they can jump over it with ease now :roll: Now it just serves to block off under my bed so they can't eat everything lol

I'm not, Molly has her own room and doesn't free range the whole house. However, I just wanted to say what amazing bunny mummy's you are. Most people would cage the rabbit not themselves. You are an inspiration and your bunnies are very very lucky. :love:

I'm not, Molly has her own room and doesn't free range the whole house. However, I just wanted to say what amazing bunny mummy's you are. Most people would cage the rabbit not themselves. You are an inspiration and your bunnies are very very lucky. :love:
I couldn't do that to them! Knowing how active they are while I'm asleep, it would be cruel! Plus they would just chew the bars :lol:! I didn't think twice about caging myself, caging Marble didn't cross my mind. It's only temporary until she's bonded with the other 2, and being caged in makes absolutely no difference to me when I'm asleep :lol:

To be honest I can only have them roaming free because they're such good house bunnies. They're not destructive and really good at using their litter tray (bar the bed!) so it's just like having a pair of cats or small dogs really.

And I'm only caged up at night, I get to free-range round the house in the daytime and evenings so it's not so bad! :lol:

Yep!! Marbles doesn't pee on the bed but has a tendency to start scratching and chewing my bed sheets at 6am in order to get some attention from me. On the rare occasion I don't block off the bed at night, I always regret it!

Yep!! Marbles doesn't pee on the bed but has a tendency to start scratching and chewing my bed sheets at 6am in order to get some attention from me. On the rare occasion I don't block off the bed at night, I always regret it!

6am? That's 1 respectful bun!
I've had that at 3am, 4am, 5am - usually it's accompanied with the centre of bed sprint and the shock face scratch, just to make sure you have jumped out of your skin! I was sprawled out once and he bit my armpit, ouch! lol. Never at 6am though, he is always cozied back up asleep when it's time to get up for work... :roll:

6am? That's 1 respectful bun!
I've had that at 3am, 4am, 5am - usually it's accompanied with the centre of bed sprint and the shock face scratch, just to make sure you have jumped out of your skin! I was sprawled out once and he bit my armpit, ouch! lol. Never at 6am though, he is always cozied back up asleep when it's time to get up for work... :roll:

:lol: The face scratch is the worst. Marbles likes to run around the room, up on the bed, round the bed (over my face), back down on the floor...repeat a few times! Never at 3am though thankfully! Though I am quite a deep sleeper so who knows :)

Wouldn't you just love to record these naughty buns?? I have to keep candy out of my room at night she is a terror. It's like some one turns a switch and she comes alive. A million miles an hour and she digs and my bed sheets!

mevaqy2a.jpg

This is how I sleep :roll: I have to stay close to the wall because Marble started trying to pull my duvet through the bars :roll:

Back