• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

'Hello, Would Your Rabbits Like This Apple Tree'.................

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
What a neighbour just delivered to my front door !! She was going to take it to the tip but then thought maybe my Rabbits could have some fun with it instead :lol:

Aw, how lovely! Do you happen to know what kind of apples it produces? Ours is brilliant, we get the crispest, tastiest apples from ours and it produces hundreds every year! We estimated last year to be closer to 1000!

If you plant it you'll have a constant supply of apple leaves in summer and apple twigs the rest of the time. It's the only reason I planted an apple tree a couple of years ago :lol:. What a lovely neighbour.

If you plant it you'll have a constant supply of apple leaves in summer and apple twigs the rest of the time. It's the only reason I planted an apple tree a couple of years ago :lol:. What a lovely neighbour.

When we gave our tree a MAJOR haircut over Easter, Sonic was nibbling all the branches :lol: he likes to think he's helping ;)

I noticed an apple tree in a neighbour's garden when I fed their cat one weekend and joked that I would love a few branches when they pruned it. Last September, they brought a wheelbarrow full of branches and leaves round which lasted my lot until Christmas. :thumb:

You know, I just can't get my bunnies excited about apple leaves and twigs. :? (Their favorite gnawing wood is willow and we buy great chunks of it for them to play with. They usually get around to it just as I'm trying to fall asleep. :roll: )
Mimzy loves a little nibble of the fruit though. ;) I only give a wee bit to him during the fall as the honeycrisps are available. Best apples on the planet! :thumb:
That is, apart from the small tree we had when I was a little girl. I have no idea what kind they were but they were tiny and misshapen and tart/sweet and I would eat at least two or three a day while they were on the branch.

I wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to replant a tree, apple or otherwise! :shock: I mean...dig a hole and plunk it down...maybe water it a bit...right? :?

Back