• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My upstairs cat

Babsie

Wise Old Thumper
Mia - spoilt or what ...

5f8b8e53ce7027e7f5c87fe6a220150e.jpg

Where are the Sunday Papers for her to read ?

Honestly Mia, you just cant get the staff these days can you.............. :roll:

;)

:lol:

do you have a downstairs cat?
is the upstairs cat the posh one? is the 'downstairs' cat in domestic employ? ;)

Oh my gosh do you mean she lives upstairs and won't come down or go outside?? If so please tell me because I have a cat that does exactly that!!

Zoe: Wow Mia, you've trained your human so well! Mine wouldn't do that for me :roll: In fact, she still seems to think she's the boss around here. Hahahaha.

Oh my gosh do you mean she lives upstairs and won't come down or go outside?? If so please tell me because I have a cat that does exactly that!!

Exactly that. She was being bullied by another cat and dogs with her previous owner. She had never been outside, except to be plonked in the middle of the lawn and was, of course, terrified.

She and Bella, my other tortie, don't get on - not sure who is the more terrified/aggressive.

I don't think I should have allowed her to stay upstairs but thought I was being kind by feeding & putting litter tray up there for her, but think I've made a rod for my own back!

Have tried, periodically, to carry her round the garden to show it's ok out there, but she runs straight back indoors if I put her down. She did venture into the garage a couple of times but now won't even do that.

She gets on with my other cat ok, although they don't cuddle up like Shaolin & Bella do.

Don't know what the answer is!

My cat is exactly the same. Sigh!! I don't know her history as she was a stray from a rescue but she could well have come from a similar situation.
:(

I've caught her coming down the stairs a couple of times but as soon as she hears a noise or sees you then she's back up!

My cat is exactly the same. Sigh!! I don't know her history as she was a stray from a rescue but she could well have come from a similar situation.
:(

I've caught her coming down the stairs a couple of times but as soon as she hears a noise or sees you then she's back up!

Do you feed and keep her litter tray upstairs like me? :roll:

I have a worktop cat and a dining room cat. they both have full opportunity to go anywhere, both will go out, one if pressured, the other daily. The worktop cat eats and sleeps on the kitchen worktop where she knows Pudding cant reach her. Rosie the dining room cat used to go all over but in old age likes her old cardboard box on the unit with a chair at the side to aid getting up and down and woo betide if I want to clean out the cheap old cardboard box or attempt to replace it. :roll:

Back