• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Py my sweetheart Dutchy

Rab-bit

Alpha Buck
Just because I don't post enough pics and things about him, and he is such a sweetie Py :love:
180c6167-322b-4412-81cf-84cc0eac44b6.jpg

On his roof terrace:
f0a7e48f9e9a95224344814f8707c566.jpg

747bf908f44856140b162adc9f5317e3.jpg

I miss having him indoors :( he still loves a fuss and to Binky though :)

Thanks everyone :) he is such a gentle and friendly bun.
A question for the other Dutchy fans - do your buns ears curve at the top? I don't have a picture which shows this very well, I think you can sort of see it in the last one... And the one below. I wondered if this was a breed thing? If you get what I mean??
9c7cdb9bd103b85bd8b313e01ba51ad4.jpg

They don't go straight, not like Poppy's in the picture below
f681cccbc6b679d6dab566f075d8369f.jpg

It's another endearing quality of his :love:

My Dutch or other uppy eared bunnies ears do not curl or bend at the top. I don't want to worry you but there are a number of health issues which can cause that such as vitamin E deficiency, poor circulation or neurological conditions such as E cuniculi. Of course it might just be the way his ears are and some rabbits ears semi lop as well. But I think I would get it checked at the vet just in case.

My Dutch or other uppy eared bunnies ears do not curl or bend at the top. I don't want to worry you but there are a number of health issues which can cause that such as vitamin E deficiency, poor circulation or neurological conditions such as E cuniculi. Of course it might just be the way his ears are and some rabbits ears semi lop as well. But I think I would get it checked at the vet just in case.

My Dutch has very straight ears too, Dutch ears should generally be stocky and upright, but looking at Py's markings I suspect he has something other than Dutch in his heritage which might explain the ears. Py is gorgeous anyway :love: :love:

My Lionheads has ears that curve and point outwards like that, and she has a lot less control of them than my other uppy eared buns but I think it's because she has some lop in her somewhere. And I suppose the bigger the ears the more gravity will have an effect :lol:.

Poppy is an absolute beauty too :love:. Love her eye make up!

Thank you both, that's interesting about the health issues related to the ears. I have just completed a course of Panacur with him so hopefully no E.C to worry about. I just assumed this is the way he was, he is due his vaccinations shortly so I will ask, because otherwise he is a normal hoppy, hungry, friendly bun.

I didn't know these weren't pure Dutch markings is it the splodge of black in the white on his back which are unusual markings? I find all this very interesting :)
Thanks for your comments re Pops I always tell her to go easy on the eye make up, but she never listens.. the other eye is worse :lol:

Thank you both, that's interesting about the health issues related to the ears. I have just completed a course of Panacur with him so hopefully no E.C to worry about. I just assumed this is the way he was, he is due his vaccinations shortly so I will ask, because otherwise he is a normal hoppy, hungry, friendly bun.

I didn't know these weren't pure Dutch markings is it the splodge of black in the white on his back which are unusual markings? I find all this very interesting :)
Thanks for your comments re Pops I always tell her to go easy on the eye make up, but she never listens.. the other eye is worse :lol:

That is good to know about the panacur. Hopefully it is just down to his genetics rather than an illness. Because he has a black splodge on the white saddle part of his body, he would be considered a 'broken Dutch' in terms of a breed standard or at a show. But who cares about that, he is just gorgeous :love: Also a rabbit can look like a pure breed and actually not be. I have two boys who are brothers, one looks Dutch, the other looks chinchilla. The rest of the litter were black, the mother was black and the rescue have no idea what the father was, presumably grey. My grey Dutch has broken markings but my chinchilla looks pure when in actual fact he is a crossbreed. I find rabbit coat colour genetics fascinating but at the end of the day they are all beautiful :love:

That is good to know about the panacur. Hopefully it is just down to his genetics rather than an illness. Because he has a black splodge on the white saddle part of his body, he would be considered a 'broken Dutch' in terms of a breed standard or at a show. But who cares about that, he is just gorgeous :love: Also a rabbit can look like a pure breed and actually not be. I have two boys who are brothers, one looks Dutch, the other looks chinchilla. The rest of the litter were black, the mother was black and the rescue have no idea what the father was, presumably grey. My grey Dutch has broken markings but my chinchilla looks pure when in actual fact he is a crossbreed. I find rabbit coat colour genetics fascinating but at the end of the day they are all beautiful :love:

The saddle, that was the word I was looking for (I kept thinking blaze, but that's the face - isn't it?). I hope it's genetics too, as I said it's just another thing that makes him gorge :), but I will get it checked out.
Wow yours sound amazing to I just love the Chinchilla coat it's a fab colouring and the genetics of it all is mind boggling :?. Bunny's are so fascinating:love:

Back