• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Uppy-eared or loppy-eared?

Uppy-eared, loppy-eared?

• Uppy all the way!

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Lops rock!

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Both!

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Doesn't bother me!

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters

Freakinfreak

Alpha Buck
Do you have all of one and none of the other?

A mix?

I'm just wondering because lop-eared buns are cute but I don't know if I have a preference! I've found myself wondering if people tend to stick to one sort, or pairs with the same kind of ears?

Weird question, I know but would be interesting to know!

Last edited:
I have one of each ..... Have to confess to thinking lops look cuter but i love my uppy eared wee Willow.. gorgeous girly!

I would, in the first instance, choose an uppy-eared bun, purely because it's a natural ear carriage rather than one produced by the meddling humans. I feel uppy-eared buns have fewer tooth, jaw, eye and ear issues (in my experience anyway).

However, that wouldn't stop me from taking on a lop, which is lucky since Pea was a helicopter bun when I first adopted her but she's now a proper lop :lol:.

I have one of each too. Bumble is lop eared and Butter-Bean is up eared. Bee bunny was up eared too so Bumble has always been with an uppy eared.

I think both are cute. Lops get the "that's cute" gut reaction but I think I have slight preference for uppy-eared. I've had 2 uppy-eared, one helicopter and Bea, whose ears are technically up but she has no control over them and they just lean in any old direction :lol:.

I don't know, I like both. This question is too hard :evil::lol:.

Up eared! I like natural shaped rabbits, up ears, not huge or tiny with squashed faces, normal length fur, although the ones that have been bred to be a bit chunky are cute :p Lops as a whole tend to have nice personalities but I'm not that keen on the look of them :oops:

I prefer lops although I do love all bunnies.

I don't know why, but I've always preferred them since I was little.

I have a huge soft spot for lops but iv had two lops and they were both deaf :/ Barry was completely deaf while Bobby could hear high pitched sounds.

I have one up earred bun.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
We've got 4 lop ears, 2 up ears and Bobo who can be either.
Don't have a preference really.

All three of mine are uppy years but if I had a choice I would probably choose lop, but I just don't really care, I love every bun :)

Back