• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What your rabbits ate today :)

AmyKennedy

Young Bun
hey guys! This thread might be a really lame idea but i thought even if other people dont use it, its still good just for me to keep track of what the buns ate and liked or didnt like :p So yeah, every day me and (hopefully) other people can just post whatever their rabbits ate that day and whether they liked it or whatever :) hehe... I'll start with yesterdays and todays.
Yesterday smudge and tink had 1/4 cup pellets (between them, i dont think this is much at all but they never eat them all at once so i think its more than enough) and a load of unlimited meadow hay, same as every day, but they never really eat much hay :/
I also gave them a bowlful (maybe like 1 and a half cups?) of mixed veg, which was just what was reduced in the co-op since i hd nothing left in the house :oops: So they had celery, asparagus and banana, which both of them completely turned their noses up at and refused to eat! hehe...
So after leaving that in for quite a while, ignored, i felt bad and gave them loads of fresh grass (which i hand cut with scissors, took forever :roll: ) and they loved it, they both like sat on it and shoved their faces in XD which is strange since when they are out in the run they never seem to eat it....
Today i went to the greengrocers and they had 2 massive bunches of parsley for £1 so i got some of that since i thought it was really cheap, and some cabbage as that was like 70% of their (veggies) diet at the shelter. So today they got their pellets and hay as always, some cabbage, parsley, grass, a little asparagus (ignored again :lol: ), some dandelion leaves and rosemary, which i only discovered in our garden today :thumb: . Smudge loves the parsley and rosemary, and tink had a little bit, but prefers to stick to her cabbage, grass, and dandelion.
I still get confused as to what veggies should be fed in what amounts, so please dont kill me if i get things wrong sometimes, but i always make sure its safe and feed pretty much everything in moderation.
Excited to see what everyone elses buns have been munching :D

Ludo's poos didn't look too good so he's only had 6 SS pellets, a couple of pinches of dried herbs and unlimited hay today.

Unlimited hay
Rabbit royale (a little bit in the morning, a little bit in the evening)
Strawberry tops (which they love)
A fenugreek crunchy each (they LOVE these, Harvey goes crazy if I get one out :shock:)
Parsley (they'll get this when I go to bed, they love it too!)

(and of course... unlimited carpet and furniture.... :roll:)

Oh and i forgot to mention mine had a new big apple stick from the tree yestreday which they have already shredded :lol:
Hope he is a bit better tomorrow Hesperus :) When you say dried herbs, do you dry your own fresh herbs, or buy them in bags or jars? I thought they could onyl have fresh ones, but that does actually make any sense XD I want to try willow with mine too, Sam and Truffs :D

Unlimited hay
Rabbit royale (a little bit in the morning, a little bit in the evening)
Strawberry tops (which they love)
A fenugreek crunchy each (they LOVE these, Harvey goes crazy if I get one out :shock:)
Parsley (they'll get this when I go to bed, they love it too!)

(and of course... unlimited carpet and furniture.... :roll:)

hehe sometimes i'm glad mine arent house bunnies :lol: I feel like i NEED fenugreek crunchies, everyone except me seems to have them! I dont actually have any treats at all for my buns :oops: Just some dried forage stuff...

Mine get the same every day with the occasional alternate treat but the standard is:

Morning: Massive pile of hay
5PM: Medium pile of hay and half a Wilko's munching stick each
10PM: 2 handfuls of Mr Johnson's pellets, 3 handfuls of chopped greens and and a medium pile of hay

The 10pm was supposed to keep them occupied overnight but they're such eating machines that they just eat it as soon as it arrives :roll:

hehe sometimes i'm glad mine arent house bunnies :lol: I feel like i NEED fenugreek crunchies, everyone except me seems to have them! I dont actually have any treats at all for my buns :oops: Just some dried forage stuff...

I got them for the first time about a month ago because I was buying something on amazon that I could only get if I spent more than £10, so I added the crunches in :D Lilly gets so excited that if I don't give her it quickly she starts humping Harvey :roll: Harvey goes crazy, he'd climb onto my head to get it if I put it there I reckon :lol: he climbed up my body to grab it off of my shoulder yesterday!

Last night my daughter accidentally left the pellet tub in their shed, and the quad ate a hole in the lid and ate the contents :shock: which thankfully wasn't too much but still about 3 days worth, so today they have just had hay, and I'll be waiting for excess caecals :lol:

wow they sounds very exciting, will have to get some soon, they dont sell them in local pet shops here :( oh gosh Zoobec, naughty bunnies! :roll: XD And mind tend to eat everything straight away too, but i feed at 11am and 5pm ish. :lol:

My bun had a pinch of pellets sprinkled over readigrass and unlimited hay a few stalks of broccoli and a strawberry top.

She's eagerly awaiting her fresh cut grass which I have yet to give her for the evening!

Molly has had...

Breakfast - 10 SS pellets and huge handful of hay
Lunch - more hay, different variety this time
Tea - freshly picked grass and plantain
Supper - she will get more hay and some dried herbs

A couple of SS pellets
Their hay
Handful of readigrass this morning and another just when I went to give them some fresh hay
A few raspberry leaves and picked grass

Mine had their pellets for breakfast with some meadow hay and a couple if leaves of spring greens. Then when I got home from work I gave them some ings hay ( their favourite). I went for a run and came across some plantain so they had that at tea time, then a fiba first stick each at bedtime

I think I need to get some fenugreek crunchies too :)

Bungee and Bo had:

Breakfast - one egg cup of SS pellets each
Unlimited hay
Small piece of my banana each
Tea - Bowl each of cabbage, broccoli, small pieces of carrot and parsnip, corriander, parsley and mint
Nibbles on a pot of carrot tops
One fenugreek crunchie each
Bedtime - Carrotys and another top up of hay

Handful of pellets for the pair, and handful for Marble.
Spring greens, watercress, mint, parsley, coriander, dill, and carrot tops.
A fenugreek crunchie each.
And of course lots of hay :)

Mine had a cup of SS pellets between them
lots of nice hay
another egg cup of pellets between then at night (so about 1 each eggcup full per day each)
some green cabbage (Which they love to tear apart and fight over :lol:
basil

Might give then a fenugreek crunchie before I go to bed, they get very excited when I go into the room to sleep and start circling my feet until I am forced to give in!

Mine had the same yesterday and today, hay, pellets, cabbage and parsley :p pretty boring but they eat veggis my family doesnt really eat so i cant have a huge cariety every day because it goes off :oops: :)

You lot are too nice to your rabbits.

Mine have hay. I picked some grass from my garden cos it needs cutting. Plus I brought strawberries to work, so they got the tops. Tonight they will get pellets & more hay. Tomorrow they will get exactly the same, except the strawberries will be a bag of spinach.

Todayyy my bunty has had pellets, parsley, spring greens, kale, rocket, broccoli, carrot gnaw stick, hay with Apple, carrot and dandelion forage in it... Spoiling her while she's poorly! Xx

Back