PDA

View Full Version : Do you have your Dream Bunny?

Sarah1991
01-07-2014, 04:21 PM
I hope this doesn't strike a wrong chord, but just out of curiosity, if you could have any colour, breed, sex of bunny what would it be?

I love my boys to the moon and back but my dream bunny would be a black conti boy with huuuge ears. Sadly I don't have the room for contis so I got my two mini lops which fit a lot better into our home/lifestyle and they are spoilt rotton! :lol: All buns should be loved equally I know! But surely everyone has a dream bun?

Anyone else? :wave:

*lily*
01-07-2014, 04:33 PM
I have my dream bunny!

Snowflake-George
01-07-2014, 04:34 PM
Don't worry, I know what you mean. I love my guys to the moon and back as well but if I could have one bunny it would be a New Zealand White.

This goes back to my childhood and our New Zealand White Snowy. :love::love: He was a character, always escaping and would be found by my neighbours who would return him the next day after he spent the night sleeping in their bedroom. :lol:

chloemurray
01-07-2014, 04:37 PM
My dream bunny would be a blue/grey French Lop :love: BUT I love all my gang to bits and think they're all gorgeous, and they all have characteristics that I adore.

Sarah1991
01-07-2014, 04:37 PM
Don't worry, I know what you mean. I love my guys to the moon and back as well but if I could have one bunny it would be a New Zealand White.

This goes back to my childhood and our New Zealand White Snowy. :love::love: He was a character, always escaping and would be found by my neighbours who would return him the next day after he spent the night sleeping in their bedroom. :lol:

I had a New Zealand white too as a child! :lol: She was huge, only problem is she didn't get the care she should have, I try and make it up to her by taking the best care of my two now! Sorry Sherry! :(

SJH
01-07-2014, 04:38 PM
I hope this doesn't strike a wrong chord, but just out of curiosity, if you could have any colour, breed, sex of bunny what would it be?

I love my boys to the moon and back but my dream bunny would be a black conti boy with huuuge ears. Sadly I don't have the room for contis so I got my two mini lops which fit a lot better into our home/lifestyle and they are spoilt rotton! :lol: All buns should be loved equally I know! But surely everyone has a dream bun?

Anyone else? :wave:

I do indeed have my dream bunny.....And yours!!:lol::love:

Sarah1991
01-07-2014, 04:38 PM
My dream bunny would be a blue/grey French Lop :love: BUT I love all my gang to bits and think they're all gorgeous, and they all have characteristics that I adore.

This. I love my twos personalities, its been a pleasure to see them develop. Milo into a playful, cuddly friendly bun and Finn into a grumpy 'dun you touch me' old man. :lol:

Charlotte_Jordanna
01-07-2014, 04:39 PM
I have my two, one's full of attitude and the others a fluff ball. Perfect :love:

Fellie
01-07-2014, 04:56 PM
I love all my buns to the moon and back - but would so love to have the space to have a conti :love:

tonibun
01-07-2014, 04:57 PM
I was going to say I don't have one but thinking about it I suppose a Black Frenchie.:love:

Sarah1991
01-07-2014, 05:00 PM
I'm thinking about maybe seeing what the OH says and getting a conti in a year or two once the garden has some nice grass down and we can get a shed. :lol: We'll see. Ill obviously have to have two so lots of space is going to be needed. :lol:

catherine09
01-07-2014, 05:03 PM
Yes :D

tashp90
01-07-2014, 05:05 PM
I've always wanted a conti too :lol: Maybe when we move and the house is sorted :lol:

Ailstar
01-07-2014, 05:10 PM
I love my two to pieces, they are the best wee characters and they fit my lifestyle, whereas a conti would not. However I do LOVE the idea of a big conti house bun. Hector and Reggie on here just make me Squee whenever I see them. However notice I said I love the IDEA....I'm not sure the reality of a conti house bun is something I'd love quite so much...far too much potential for destruction!! :p

Snowflake-George
01-07-2014, 05:14 PM
I had a New Zealand white too as a child! :lol: She was huge, only problem is she didn't get the care she should have, I try and make it up to her by taking the best care of my two now! Sorry Sherry! :(

Going off topic here...but I so agree with this, it absolutely breaks my heart to think of the conditions I kept my bunnies in growing up, small hutches, bad food, no hay, etc. Now that we know better we can only advocate bunny welfare and ensure it never happens again.

Jack's-Jane
01-07-2014, 05:26 PM
Mine is waiting for me at Rainbow Bridge xx

Sarah1991
01-07-2014, 05:27 PM
Going off topic here...but I so agree with this, it absolutely breaks my heart to think of the conditions I kept my bunnies in growing up, small hutches, bad food, no hay, etc. Now that we know better we can only advocate bunny welfare and ensure it never happens again.

Sort of off topic again but...

I sort of take comfort in that there was nothing I could do, I was only around 5-6 years old. So as far as I knew we were caring for her correctly! She did get lots of free range time but not good food and was never taken to a vet or given much hay to eat! Its terrible really. But as I say I'm so glad I know better now. I also try and do my best to educate others! Its surprising just how many people still think keeping a single rabbit in a small hutch forever is OK!

The builder working on my house told me the other day that his daughter was getting two for the kids (Bad I know) But at the very least I gave him the RWAF leaflets (The ''you and your bunny' ones and a sample of some science selective that I got from the vets! I've taught him all sort about them. He was telling me the other day that he was teaching his gran daughter that they do NOT like to be picked up and that they need lots of gentle care and vet visits etc.

Sarah1991
01-07-2014, 05:28 PM

I know Jane. I knew that you would mention Morsey. He is indeed waiting for you there. xx

Captain Helen
01-07-2014, 05:30 PM
I didn't know it when I met him, but Danny is my dream bunny. I love lionheads and black buns, and Danny has grown the most amazing mane over the last year. He looks like a lil' goth bunny with his big floppy fringe. And hopefully he'll have his look-alike new girlfriend soon :love:

:cry::cry::cry:

Holhol
01-07-2014, 06:15 PM
When I was looking for a bun I wanted an orange/chocolate mini lop, then I saw the grumpy little black/grey/white/orange nethy cross ball of fluff that is Ferg :love:

He's my dream bunny now I have him, it was love at first site :)

mini lop1
01-07-2014, 06:46 PM
my dream bunny was taken away from me to soon, always in my heart :cry:

mabel is the perfect house rabbit though, she is so well behaved I couldn't ask for any better, it doesn't matter what colour she is as I love her
and sox is related to the one I lost at young age, so I have strong feelings for him and to protect him

happybun
01-07-2014, 07:07 PM
i think my four more or less cover it. two began fairly bright orange and are now an agouti-ish and a sooty-fawn; one is deepest grey and one white with grey sealpoint. they are meeting all my bunny-lust needs at the moment.

but i want a big hairy Syrian hamster, either sandy or grey...

esupi
01-07-2014, 07:16 PM
I never wanted rabbits for me!
I still don't really - only because they need a home.

I absolutely love them all to bits though, but I don't think I could pick one that I want personally.

aaammmyyy
01-07-2014, 07:23 PM
All rabbits are my dream rabbits tbh :lol: My rabbit as a child Marleen didnt get cared for as great as my two now but she was so perfect and I see some of her really reflected into Bella yet I dont think they're related and if they are its quite distant but its possible.
I love netherland dwarf x mini lop (thats why ive had three of them!) And each of their looks and persobalities are my dream bunnies - one at the bridge and two here with me now
I would really like a Dutch rabbit at some point because I love their colorings but I dont think its sensible to get another rabbit right now :lol:
To be honest I couldnt chose my dream rabbit because every rabbit that comes into my care is my dream rabbit!

JemimaH
01-07-2014, 07:28 PM
I do. I have my dream bunny, Daisy. She is so perfect in every way possible. I am so so lucky to have her. Sadly it is looking like her time is up and I think I will be saying goodbye soon, but she is my little dream girl and always will be.:love:

luna
01-07-2014, 07:42 PM
Bobby was my dream bunny :(

But if I had my choice now of any type of bun it would be a blue eyed tri coloured big sized (but not giant ) lop :) Hehe .... Very specific I know but I would like a large version of Bobby with blue eyes . They probably don't exist xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

tabithakat64
01-07-2014, 07:43 PM
I would like a Dutch marked mini lop or a Belgian hare. My three are perfect though, the only thing I'd change is make them more cuddly.

Hugo's There
01-07-2014, 07:48 PM
I honestly don't care what a rabbit looks like, its all about personality for me. Right now I have Taz, who is most definitely my dream bunny :love:

Crunchie
01-07-2014, 08:04 PM
A rabbit that didn't suffer any health problems would be nice.

EBM
01-07-2014, 08:15 PM

This!

Lucy-Lou
01-07-2014, 08:35 PM
I always really wanted a Rex because I loved the fur so much! Then I ended up with Dany and Peach Pie and my wish was granted :love: (although judging by their background I'm sure they're not pure rexes.) if they weren't missing bits of their ears and toes and whiskers they'd be really good-looking buns! :lol:

Zoobec
01-07-2014, 08:35 PM

She's called Rosie the knitted bunny and will be arriving shortly :lol::love:

I love my four dearly, they're a mad bunch though and virtually unhandleable :shock::lol:I have to admit I am enjoying 2 weeks looking after my friends very snuggly cuddle bun who demands cuddles and noserubs whenever he see you :love:

happybun
01-07-2014, 08:38 PM
very snuggly cuddle bun who demands cuddles and noserubs whenever he see you :love:

got one of those! Charlie, Charlie rabbit, a bun with two grey ears... Charlie, Charlie rabbit, a bun with two grey ears! [to the tune of the Davy Crockett theme, if you're about 55]

HoneyBear
02-07-2014, 08:40 AM
Yes Bear!! He's so beautiful and unique :love:
I also wanted a tiny bunny and along came Alice.
I've also always wanted a french lop, when Talullah started being fed properly she had a massive growth spurt and I thought I might be in luck, she's still tiny though and perfect, I wouldn't have her any other way :)

Fifibutton
02-07-2014, 09:19 AM
I have my dream bunny. Orla is an amber/orange/yellow Dutch. I prefer amber personally. Before I adopted any rabbits, a friend gave me a book about rabbit care and there was an amber Dutch featured in the photos and I just fell in love. As it was my first bunnies were black and it took 10 years before I was in a position and to adopt and even then there were none in the nearest Scottish rescues. I saw an advert for Orla and her partner at the time on RU in Rabbits in Need section 2 years ago. I showed OH and since it was my birthday he said yes :D and everything went from there. I wanted Orla for her looks. Gender and personality did not matter but she does have an amazing affectionate and friendly personality which is an added bonus.

My second dream bunny was a chinchilla Dutch and amazingly one turned up with his brother in rescue 2 years ago so I snapped them up! And my third dream bunny was a chocolate Dutch and I adopted one last year. As you can tell I have a thing for Dutchies. But I love all bunnies really and although I have made some selfish adoption choices, I have also taken on bunnies that are hard to rehome due to their colouring or health issues, so I hope it balances it out.

SarahP
02-07-2014, 09:46 AM

Now that would be my dream bunny! Then I might actually feel equipped to have them again! :lol: Looks-wise, probably an uppy eared agouti. I love the brown bunnies so much. :love:

Dream piggy would be a silver agouti.

BeatrixPotter
02-07-2014, 10:13 AM
Looks wise I would love a black and white French lop.

Personality wise which I feel is more important, I have her already :love::love::love:

Oompa-Loompa
02-07-2014, 10:47 AM
Boris was my dream bunny. Tiny with a big personality, a pain in the backside sometimes but oh so sweet and loving. I still miss him so much :(

Ailstar
02-07-2014, 10:50 AM
I definitely think personally is key. :)

Fran
02-07-2014, 12:03 PM
Piglet was my dream bunny, absolutely beautiful and with a personality to match. Having said that I've always wanted a French lop and I love chocolate otter mini lops. I don't think I'll be having more bunnies though.