• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing my two adopted bunnies

EmmaHutch

New Kit
Hi everyone! :wave:

Recently adopted two bunnies from a rescue, a female dutch who is six years old and a male lionhead who was a stray so not sure exactly how old he is but estimated to be 3-5. They'd been overlooked at the rescue (one was there 16 months and the other two years!) due to their age, so my boyfriend and I thought they might like to come live with us and be pampered house bunnies :D

They're quite shy and are getting used to all the new sights and sounds but they love lounging about in our conservatory and we've seen a few binkies in the garden! They have free range of the house but haven't ventured far yet, and we open up the back doors into the garden when we're around to supervise so they can hop outside if they like.

Hopefully I've uploaded these photos properly so I can introduce you to Lemmy (lionhead) and Luna (dutch):

eating-forage_zps09f1cea1.jpg

in-the-garden_zps6305b04c.jpg

chilling_zpsf300cb96.jpg

:wave: Welcome!
What gorgeous buns and I love their names. It looks like they have finally got the great home(and slaves) they deserve :D

Last edited:
Just read back your other posts and cannot believe how badly the other rescue let you down. So glad everything is ok now :D

They are both gorgeous :love: so pleased they've got a great :thumb: forever home with you now

They're both lovely, I can't believe they've been overlooked in the rescue for that long :( But happy they've got a lovely home with you and happy that you have a pair of bonded buns after your trauma with the other unbonded pair :)

Thanks for all your lovely comments :D

Just read back your other posts and cannot believe how badly the other rescue let you down. So glad everything is ok now :D

Yep, we had a bit of bad luck with the previous adoption! But the rabbit residence has been great, I highly recommend them - very passionate and supportive. And these bunnies are like a married couple, they're so sweet :love:

Beautiful rabbits - and I love your "grass" rug too. Have they nibbled it? :lol:

Haha, no, it hasn't been nibbled - they love flopping and snoozing on it. I think willow is their favourite thing to nibble, I gave them a carrot toy and it got demolished in no time!

Well done for giving these lovely buns a forever home..
Seems they have fallen in their feet with you.
Lovely story as these 2 deserve a loving home.
Good Luck:love:

Back