• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beau is in stasis UD still not quite right

Lib_n_bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Having been clear for two years, Beau has gone into stasis when I am 38 weeks pregnant!! :(

Took him to our local vet at 4pm last night, they admitted him and gave gut stimulant, pain killer and fluids. However we picked him up at 7 and brought him home as I wasn't happy leaving him over night. I asked for some Recovery when we collected him. Rang our old vet to check what we should do as it's so long I'd forgotten, she said how critical it is to syringe feed which I'd completely forgotten. So we've been up every 3 hours through the night syringe feeding 20mls of recovery. He did quite a lot of poos, including reg sized ones, between 12-3, then fewer smaller ones 3-6. He's been grinding his teeth on and off.

Taking him to the old vet as soon as they open as I trust them. Not sure yet how I'm going to explain that to the local vet!:oops:

Please send us any spare vibes, I can't lose him right now, I just can't :cry:

Last edited:
So many vibes coming your way, don't need to explain yourself to vet. Just doing your best by him.

Xxxxx

Thank you everyone! He is home and back to his usual rascally self!! They syringe fed him through the day, gave him pains meds, fluids etc and he is now eating on his own and pooing up a storm! Such a relief! We have got stuff to give him one last syringe feed at bedtime, and some fibreplex and zantac, plus some painkiller if he needs it.

Thank you so much for all your vibes, I'm sure it helped :love:

Thank goodness he's on the mend :thumb: I reckon he thought he'd give you some practice getting up in the night ready for the baby coming ;)

I don't think we are out of the woods yet. He still isn't pooing regularly, he did 4 enormous squishy poos in the night, not like normal caecals, more like the other sort but wet. He is eating on his own but not with his normal gusto. I am trying not to panic and just accept that he must still be feeling a bit delicate. Will keep a close eye and keep administering the meds the vet gave us, and will ring them if things don't start improving. Continue to think of us if you can?

Back