• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I don't like rabbits

Schtoffen

Mama Doe
Claw cutting time.

Am covered head to to toe with fur and scratches... both buns have nipped me and are quivering traumatised. Oh and Little is soaking wet.

Hurrumph!!

Oh dear, can't you take them to a vet nurse to be done? Ludo requires two nurses to do his and they seem to do it really well and he stays calm. And it only costs £5 (well worth it in my opinion!)

Oh dear, can't you take them to a vet nurse to be done? Ludo requires two nurses to do his and they seem to do it really well and he stays calm. And it only costs £5 (well worth it in my opinion!)

Teddy gets really upset if we go to the vets...traumatised for hours. :-(

I tried to do Stu today but gave up after he started to struggle as I sat down with him:roll:

A couple of flicks of the back legs and he scuttled off to Casserole and Dumplin for some cuddles and scowled in my direction for a bit :lol:

And why is little wet :?

She decided that an attempted escape via their big water bowl was preferable to further nail clippage... and she sort of fell in :roll:

My bun Hates ir. I attempted it on Sunday and she caught my face! I have two scratches on my cheek and a split lip where she used my face as a spring board.

Needless to say we didn't talk for a little while!

I cannot do our buns nails - just do not have the confidence to even try:oops::roll:. We usually take ours to the vets - but that is SO stressful for the buns we hate doing it....so following FondueKids' success with Harley in May - we asked her to come back to clip Sheldon and Holly's nails - and a touch up groom for Harley.

Sheldon and Holly squirmed, wriggled, kicked, and contorted themselves in anyway they could and shed mountains of hair - but FondueKid was great and they eventually settled down enough to have their nails clipped - and recovered from the 'stress' of that remarkably quickly.

Harley I think has realised that grooming and nail clipping is not all that unpleasant really - and practically feel asleep on FondueKids lap :love:

I really do admire people who can do it themselves...I'm a bit of wimp when it comes to handling the buns. Give me a dog or cat or even a horse - no problem - a rabbit reduces me to a puddle of nerves :lol:

I used to clip Fidget's (my bridge bunny) nails myself, even though she was a bossy (and occasionally bitey) little madam, but I can't face doing Bea & Jasper's. My o/h doesn't have the confidence to hold them firmly enough for them to feel secure and they end up wrigging away while I'm trying. There's a vets on the end of my road but I don't know if it's cheeky to register there so they can clip their nails while still going to my proper vet (Ashleigh Vets) for everything else? :?

Back