• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what does an eggcup of pellets weigh?

Depends on the pellet brand and egg cup - excel fits in egg cups better :lol: It's just a rough guide. If you want a weight guide, a max of 23g per 1kg of rabbit, reduced depending what else they eat eg lots of forage/fresh foods more like 10-15g per 1kg of bunny. Then just see if they hold at a nice weight, eat plenty of hay and adjust as necessary.

he has oxbow. three teaspoons a day at the moment, keeping stable at the lower end of his weight range, so i want him to gain a little really. :wave:

Neo currently gets a mix of P@H (weaning off of these as fibre is too low), Excel and Science Select.

We take a scoop of each and as the Excel are so small and the Science Select so big, it sort of levels itself out a bit.

I think as long as they are eating lots of hay and haven't had dramatic weight increase or loss, then what you're feeding is just right!

A friend of mine and her Mum ate the same thing for a week, drinking the same, doing the same activities and her Mum lost weight but she stayed at a steady pace. They originally weighed the same within 5 pounds...

Weird but I think it's down the individual bun?!

Back