• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Replacing a hutch floor is so difficult...

TD86

Alpha Buck
when you're sitting on your backside with a beer! My OH and ex flatmate had to replace the top floor today as the PAH hutch top floor had rotted away where the water bottle was. They now have a lovely sturdy floor fit for any queen bun to stomp on, and I just fetched tools :thumb:

Lucky you (and bun!) I replaced my shed floor by myself last year though I did get my dads help for cutting the wood as im awful at that :lol: and finally a year on today I got round to lino'ing and done that and for a first attempt its not bad!

Fetching tools sounds alot easier! :lol:

Lucky you (and bun!) I replaced my shed floor by myself last year though I did get my dads help for cutting the wood as im awful at that :lol: and finally a year on today I got round to lino'ing and done that and for a first attempt its not bad!

Fetching tools sounds alot easier! :lol:

It's so nice having people around who care about the buns as much as I do, I just have to mention a concern and I have someone fixing it :lol:

I'm also not allowed access to power tools according to my OH as I would be a danger to myself (which I also agree with!)

It's so nice having people around who care about the buns as much as I do, I just have to mention a concern and I have someone fixing it :lol:

I'm also not allowed access to power tools according to my OH as I would be a danger to myself (which I also agree with!)

Oh no, the buns are out of fenugreek crunchies...someone should fix that;)

I dont know whos more of a danger with power tools - me or my dad, he was drilling the staircase spindles and had his wrist against them and slipped with the drill and continued to go through his wrist (luckily it went in between the two visual veins in your wrist and didnt go the whole way through!)
I was home alone with him and I had no clue what to do, he insisted he was fine but ended up with stiches and a tetnus jab :lol: that was like 6 years ago though it still freaks me out!

Since then I've taken a first aid course and I attempt DIY by myself, even though he works with power tools on a day to day basis and it was a freak accident along with an accident at work on his fore arm but that was with metal and sometimes you cant help these things, you're very lucky that your risk is minimised and you have fenugreek crunchies on request :lol:

Sssshhh, they don't know what fenugreek crunchies are

That is precisely why I'm not allowed to use power tools. If he couldn't, I would be hiring someone!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I'm just replacing the entire hutch as their current one is past its best. I'm building a huge hutch complex for 4 bunnies in my shed this week.

Back