• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Playpen Palace?!

Freakinfreak

Alpha Buck
Hi all,

I'm babysitting so using the laptop as I don't have internet at home! They're all in bed so I've done my job! :)

I'm slowing improving Neo's playpen and hope to do it all once I've been paid... 1 whole week wait :roll:

So far we have...

Swapped to a bowl, it says "The Boss" on it, it's black...http://media.petsathome.com/wcsstore/pah-cas01//300/36386.jpg

He's loving it, and so are we... so quiet and stays cold compared to a bottle!!!

Next we have moved him into the corner and so his pen area is just over 13 square feet big but let out in 3x that space every evening when we get in from work, 6pm - 11pm roughly.

The lino has been cut and put in the corner so he has a corner of privacy where the wall joins and also has lovely sandy colour bricks around the bottom on the outside so he can't reach the wallpaper and skirting. Also stops poos rolling away and holds the lino in place.

He has a 72 litre tub with a square cut in the side and a hay rack attached to the inside so he always has fresh hay and poos can't roll away or be flicked out! Who needs to spend £30+ on a hooded cat litter tray when you can spend £8 and DIY a hole. There is carpet on top of the lid so he can jump up and loves to chill totally stretched out on his new level with a new view.

There is a paving slab and marble slab to lay on as well incase he gets hot.

There is a salt lick hanging from the side, Himalayan? He may not use it but it's there if he wants it. There are also willow sicks hanging partway up the side of the pen so he must stretch to reach them.

Breakfast is now fed in his treat ball or a paper bag scrunched up so that he needs to work at it all day.

We bought some fenugreek crunchies and some carrotys, every evening we are getting him used to being touched and sitting on us and generally just interacting. IT'S WORKING!!! He got his nails cut and was a soppy floppy bunny as soon as I picked him up, normally he fights so we hope this is working.

Still to do...

Buy some tubing for him to have a tunnel leading from the top of the litter box to the ground - where can I get one single thick black tunnel from? Other than hunting down some builders and begging them!

Possibly look into a sort of bed? Maybe plastic corner bed with a bit of fleece in so that we can keep an eye on any chewing? Alternatively a cheap and small cat bed from P@H or similar? http://media.petsathome.com/wcsstore/pah-cas01//300/32204PL.jpg

Hopefully look into a hanging treat ball which we can stuff grass into and hang which again will get him periscoping.

Also going to be going on a box hunt one weekend to get lots of boxes as he loves stripping them and this keeps him entertained for hours.

Am I missing anything?

Oh, stopping the P@H nuggets and going for a combo of Excel and Science Selective, lots of fibre and a little bit of variety :)

Can anyone offer any more advise or ideas for making the most of the space and giving him lots to do?

Pics soon!

It sounds fab! Maybe wait and see what kind of things he likes before you add anything else anyway. Bunnies are terribly fickle, LOL!

It sounds fab! Maybe wait and see what kind of things he likes before you add anything else anyway. Bunnies are terribly fickle, LOL!

Thanks! I don't want to overdo it but there really is a lot of wasted space!

He saves his binkies for free time and will destroy his box or sleep during the day mostly. He goes crazy jumping on and off of his box too but doesn't tend to use all of the space much. He likes to focus on something specific for a long period of time and then will snooze, then will start something else :lol:

Anti-multitasking bunny!

Back