• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

please can Julie have some vibes

bunnytoes

Warren Veteran
She is in need of a dental but because of her advanced age and disability the thinking is that she will not survive being put under. She is still very alert and loving be next to me and crazy about being petted. She acts nuts about food but gives up after a bite or two. There is lots of grinding and squeaking of her teeth when she trues to eat. I am syringe feeding her and she nibbles on herbs. After 2 bad chokes on hay we stopped hay for now.she is on extra pain relief and is enjoying being spoiled extra this weekend. Tomorrow we will try to decide what option will be best for Julie with the input of her 2 vets.
I knew in my heart that the day would come that Julie would really need another dental before she was ready to leave us. Her regular vet never expected her to live much longer after she stopped walking. She says Julie is the most determined rabbit with an incredible love for life and us.It has been a little over a year now.
Her second vet that we found because she was not traveling well the distance to hers is amazed how she cooes and figures out ways to get around and be cheeky despite everything. Julie needs lits of vibes.

many vibes for Julie, know how you feel as sox is like this now, he due in on Thursday, I not sure if my imagination or if he feel thinner still, trying to get weight on him abit, he is chewing at everything all his wooden toys he never bothered with before, he even took it out on my rug, I managed to get a lot of tree sticks and he hasn't stopped at them since I gave them to him, im in a situation where metacam is no good for his kidneys, but he is not happy at all, just glad he is still eating though would like him eat more and going to the toilet

I know you will decide whats best for julie, it does sound near the stage where she needs a dental, thinking of you both x

Awwwww bless her little heart. I'm so sorry to hear this. I suppose if try the GA and give her a chance if her eating is really that bad. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear, sweet Julie! :love:
I will be thinking of you and sending vibes and prayers that her determined spirit will pull her through anything that she should need to make her more comfortable. (((((((((Huge hugs))))))))))
Please give her an extra special cuddle from me. :) xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for all the vibes.We seem to have the right amount of pain relief in her.She is eating pretty good.She is even eating some hay. I just have to wstch her carefully as she will chokon the hay if she eats it with too much augusto. She does live her hay and won't eat it soaked in water anymore. She is loving being right with one of us at all times and the constant attention and rubbing.

Back