• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bea & Jasper

Inimical Me

Wise Old Thumper
Well, after throwing the bonding rulebook out of the window, these two live happily together (long story short, the small neutral enclosure resulted in endless humping and having to separate, so a couple of weeks later I plonked Jasper down in Bea's pen and they have lived together since without a single incident).

Here we are sharing some carrots & tops:
20140608_134823_zpsbjfls0xv.jpg

20140608_134628_zpshl7sb9px.jpg

Bea indulging in one of her life's passions (the destruction of my slippers :lol:)
20140618_212145_zps5ozag0il.jpg

And here's Bea being snuggled by Jasper whether she likes it or not. She won't groom him or lay next to him but she will allow him to snuggle up next to her as long as he behaves himself :lol:.
20140623_193330_zpsxntuvvbc.jpg

I must admit, I love that you threw the bonding book out the window... :lol: sometimes bunnies show us how it's done... Their way.... :lol:;)

Congrats and may Bea and Jasper live happily ever after... :love::love: expect lots of nortiness by the sounds... :lol:;)

Beautiful bunnies. :love:

I must admit, I love that you threw the bonding book out the window... :lol: sometimes bunnies show us how it's done... Their way.... :lol:;)

Congrats and may Bea and Jasper live happily ever after... :love::love: expect lots of nortiness by the sounds... :lol:;)

Beautiful bunnies. :love:

:lol: Thanks. I tried the usual way, but it just wasn't working. He was so humpy and Bea is quietly dominant, she won't submit but at the same time she wouldn't stick up for herself so she went in her shell and was getting wary of him. Being in a confined space just didn't work for them.

There was no aggression and neither are territorial so I knew we wouldn't have a fight introducing one into the other's territory. I only did it when I did because Jasper was eyeing up the vacuum cleaner cable and I had nowhere else to put him and he's lived there ever since :lol:. He tried a few humps but in a bigger space she's too quick for him and his stubby legs!

I'm so happy they're together anyway, such a relief :shock::lol:. She just flopped on him so I think there is a budding romance there :D.

Back