• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Protecting my wallpaper?

aaammmyyy

Mama Doe
In my room ive got the two longer walls which are just painted and then the two smaller walls are wallpapered with a nice paper that was £35 per small roll so not cheap!
I would love my buns to be house rabbits but my parents dont allow, and because of Binkys current cage situation I bring her inside for a few hours a day but dont freak out because my room is always the same temperature as outdoors - in the winter I have my room cold as outdoors and in the summer its the same as outdoors because im a bit strange :?
She used to go downstairs but my youngest brother is now at home in the day and he likes to not leave her alone :lol:
So she doesnt have anywhere to really go - I block underneath my bed off with my quilt, and the sides of my desk leading to my mac wires with both pillows.

Shes supervised

Does anyone know any ways I can protect my wallpaper from being stripped like bark? :lol:

Id make her a puppy pen kind of thing but thats pointless as shes not a house rabbit (I wish she was ugh)
Bella comes in aswell but for not as long because she lives in a giant shed so :lol:

You could just put puppy panels across the walls so she can't get to them. Alternatively, I have old pillowcases taped around the corners in my flat coz Maizie likes to chew :roll: you could find a way to attach a duvet cover or similar to the bottom part of the wall

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If the bottom is already ruined you could add a wood panel in a complementary colour to make it look deliberate. Perspex, either clear or a matching colour, works too. Or wire panels - either storage cubes or as tash suggested puppy pens.

If the bottom is already ruined you could add a wood panel in a complementary colour to make it look deliberate. Perspex, either clear or a matching colour, works too. Or wire panels - either storage cubes or as tash suggested puppy pens.

Thankfully they haven't got to the wallpaper yet, ive only had the paper a few months :lol:

You could just put puppy panels across the walls so she can't get to them. Alternatively, I have old pillowcases taped around the corners in my flat coz Maizie likes to chew :roll: you could find a way to attach a duvet cover or similar to the bottom part of the wall

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I dont have any puppy pannels, so it looks like im going to be masking taping blankets to both walls :lol:
I watched Binky try and bite the wall in my front room yesterday but she couldnt get a good enough grip of it :lol:

When Chinook lived inside she had a habit of rubbing her chin against the wall until she found a grip, then would latch on and rip her head back, taking a huge strip of wallpaper with her! :roll: :lol: So I feel your worry!

If you can get hold of NIC cube panels then they would be quick and easy to put up, as you could cable tie a strip that folds away. This might be a stupid suggestion but if you have a large collection of DVDs you could line the skirting board with them? Side by side rather than on top of each other.

When Chinook lived inside she had a habit of rubbing her chin against the wall until she found a grip, then would latch on and rip her head back, taking a huge strip of wallpaper with her! :roll: :lol: So I feel your worry!

If you can get hold of NIC cube panels then they would be quick and easy to put up, as you could cable tie a strip that folds away. This might be a stupid suggestion but if you have a large collection of DVDs you could line the skirting board with them? Side by side rather than on top of each other.

They know what they're doing when they are destroying our stuff :lol: kind of wish I didnt wallpaper now even though i love it :lol:

I have a worringly large sims collection from over the years but then I also have a really long and exposed wall!

Ive managed to rotate one chest of draws so it covers one of the two walls because my bed is against the wall then theres the radiatior and now theres the chest of draws - so maybe ill just try and cut off the end of my room completely from her as it will work out cheaper than protecting the wall :lol:

You can get bit sheets of clear polycarbonate quite cheap at most DIY stores if you want to cover a big area.

You can get bit sheets of clear polycarbonate quite cheap at most DIY stores if you want to cover a big area.
Thankyou Tamsin!
Why did I not think of that?! I was using it afew months ago and covered a whole room in it yet it never even crossed my mind to put it on the walls :lol:

Back