• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit training (for exercise and stimulation for lazy/bored rabbit)

Ive watched a few 101rabbits videos and she's really good at making videos and her buns are so lucky!
I want to train my buns like she does but they're outdoor rabbits so im not sure if it will work as well:(
Ill go on my laptop and look for the products and ill let you know if I find any but if I dont id be intrested to see what the other responses are!

A lot of rabbits wont take to it so I wouldn't bother buying proper equipment to start with. "Jumps" can be easily made with some garden canes and plant pots, as for the stick well I managed to train Harley to follow a ruler and my finger so it can be anything really, finger is probably better (if you're fine with bending down) because you always have it on you

I guess ill try aswell then! I think binky would like it as it just seems like her and not so much bella

Can anyone explain the basics? Im sure OP would like to know too :wave:

Hi I thought about doing a little while ago but decided it would be a bit chaotic with two rabbits wrestling over treats!

You can get the Trixie clicker and stick for about a fiver from Amazon and it comes with an instruction booklet. Jump wise a bamboo stick from a garden centre or somewhere like that balanced on some books will work.

I think the idea is that first you just spending time clicking and giving treats and then you move on to other things and click when they do want you wanted them to and give a treat. Then I think the idea is you can start saying a word like a command and eventually they learn the behaviour and the word and you don't need to keep rewarding it.

Back