• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Often wonder...

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
...will I ever live the dream I have?

I often think about this as its something I've wanted to do for a long time. I often think about the possibility of having a rabbit rescue in my own home or garden. I used to know a lady that had a huge shed type thing built in her garden that housed lots of rabbits, she used to nurse them back to health and then adopt them out to nice families.

I would LOVE to be able to do this but its just not viable with my full time job to pay for the mortgage and bill etc etc. I often wonder if I would still be able to do it in years time when I retire. (I'm only 22 so its a long way off yet :lol:)

I sort of get myself into a rut where I think about all the things I'd like to do but then realize I can do because of other commitments and money etc. Anyone else ever have this? Its sad that a lot of us don't do what we should be doing, I always thought I'd love to be a vet nurse but now after choosing the wrong subjects at school (We didn't get a lot of guidance on what to pick etc.) and desperately getting a qualification and job in a nursery because I needed money to look after myself I sometimes feel a little down. I'm in a better job now working in an office which suits me more as its calmer and I can just do my own little work load each day and support myself and my OH more. But I still do wonder.

I guess its just life and I should get over it but surely its OK to dream?

If you don't have dreams it'll be hard to get anywhere in life! I'm a firm believer that you can do almost anything if you want it enough :D I have about a million things I want to do and will hopefully get round to doing them all at some point!

I saw this quote on another forum and it reminded me of this thread :D

To say John is just a poser is to agree with his bullies. I won't do that... because I know there may be people reading this right now who have been told they are something terrible, worthless or that they'll never be able to do what they really want to do and I just do not believe it. Those are lies - if you want something, if you want to change, if you want to be a better person or accomplish something in particular, or just try something new, it's never too late. There are ways, you just have to find the right motivation and seek out how to do it.

I have a lot of dreams, my main one being opening my own zoo (it'll be my own personal farm/zoo at first, but eventually). Some people think I'm ridiculous, my parents think I'm too dumb to have a real job so how would I ever afford to buy a house, but I also believe that you can achieve anything if you set your mind to it!

Back