• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Using fleece?

Alibunbun

Warren Scout
I've seen that a lot of people don't use substrate to line their rabbit enclosures, aside from the hay and the litter box being lined. I was wondering if anyone just uses plain old fleece? I think it would be quite cheap to get hold of and if litter trained would be easily kept clean. Any thoughts?

I've tried blankets and stuff but my two are horrid chewers :lol: I was worried they'd actually eat it.

Marble & Maizie are bother chewers but neither chew the fleece blankets that they have. They do like to rearrange them, and move them around though :roll:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

My bridge bun used to rip towels apart I remember that :lol: I think fleece might be a little harder to chew, but I'd keep an eye on it if I did decide to use it.

Oh yes, grunting while rearranging her blankets - that's what I used to get :lol::thumb:

Mine used to have fleece and soft cat beds, but I've had to remove them as they just used them as another toilet :roll: so now they just have hay filled litter trays. (They're actually underbed storage boxes)

mine also like to chew towels, but most don't chew fleeces if placed on floor. However, if the fleece is in a cat basket, they will pee on it! What my buns seem to love is a medium/large (depending on size & quantity of buns) flat Yap dog bed from the range. I can't see a picture online but I think they come in brown or black. My buns loved to stretch & flop on them

Mine have fleeces and blankets, the rearrange them but don't chew them. They did have a cat bed but they used it as a litterbox.

What about vetbed? If he pees it goes through rather than staying on the top and actually we found this stopped him peeing on fabrics at all and he's remained litter trained since. I know it can be a bit expensive in large quantities though so fleece would be cheaper.

Fleece wicks urine too if it's treated properly (washed lots of times, no fabric softener, and something absorbent underneath to collect the wet).

Back