• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Never felt loss like Toffee

*Spider*

Wise Old Thumper
As some of you may know through Facebook, I'm now bunny less.
My boy Toffee passed away about a month ago and I've only been able to come on here to pay him my respects.
He was an amazing little boy who I spent 11 years loving.
It genuinely fills me with so much grief losing him and I'm say here crying thinking of him.
Losing Ghostie was bad enough, and there's no comparison between both their passing but there is genuinely something that pangs in my heart that Toffee isn't here anymore.
I suppose it's as he's always just been 'there'.

Finding this really difficult.

Can't bear to get anymore as it just reduces me to tears. I have such big beautiful enclosure sitting there wasted. Not sure whether sell it.

Just need a RU hug because no one else would understand.

Sending hugs to you xxx
I know the feeling well. I still can't accept the loss of my gypsy :cry: I still haven't written on the rainbow bridge as she cannot be gone.
I am so sorry for your loss xxx

I'm so sorry :cry: I think it's still very early days and you are bound to be feeling raw :cry: when my last bridge bun died I said no more too, but I'm glad to say after some time I changed my mind, of course I didn't do it to replace her, but that I had found that I wanted to be a bunny mummy once again.

Sending you big hugs xx

Big hugs to you...I know how devastating it can be to lose a bun that you have really loved. I had cried for a week after losing Pebbles last year, and I'd only had him for 3 years. Even losing Violet yesterday has made me question whether I should be getting any more buns as it hurts so much when they go. I've lost 3 in the last 18 months but know that every time one goes, it creats a space for one more rescue bun to be loved.

Give yourself time to grieve his loss, there will be lots of times when you think you are feeling better when something will remind you of him and it will bring back the pain, but in time you will start to feel better.

So sorry Hetty :( I remember Toffee and Ghost well, I always loved your pets names. I know how you feel as I had to let three of my oldie buns go recently :cry: sending you huge Big hugs xxxxx

Sending hugs and totally understand the pain you are going through. I lost my boy bun of 11 years old, 18 months ago and I still cry and find it hard to bear. I had him from 8 weeks old and had to help him to the Bridge after a long life, but having had him for such a long time only made it harder to lose him. Time heals they say, but it's a painful process. Xx

Big hug Hetty xxx. Sadly, grief is the price we pay for years and years of love. RU understands how you're feeling.

Sending hugs. You cared for Toffee everyday for 11 years so it's no surprise you are hurting so much. There will be a time when you will remember all the happiness you shared with Toffee & that will outweigh the heartache but it does take time.

Binky free Toffee x

Hello, just stumbled across this thread and am now sobbing at work... haha.
Thank you, you are all so kind. I loved him so much, missing him loads.

I'm sorry I missed this when you first posted.

I know from sad experience that words don't take away the pain. So I'll send you a huge virtual hug with the hope that you can remember the happy times you spent with Toffee.x:love:

Back