• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Marbles strikes again

katie88

Mama Doe
The mischief that is marbles strikes again...

So after the palarva last month where she jumped up onto my bedside table and decided some ibuprofen would be tasty, cue hefty vet bill, I now have 4ft high puppy panels around my whole bed when I'm out. Today she somehow managed to knock one of them over, giving her access once again to the bedside table.

I came home from work and she was sat on my bed. It was clear though that she was obviously stuck up there as the puppy panel, in the way that she had dislodged it, meant she couldn't jump back down again. My very expensive white bedsheets are absolutely covered in wee and have been chewed to bits :evil: Goodness knows how long she had been up there for but she had clearly been without food and drink for some time as she has been frantically eating hay ever since.

I just cannot believe it. Every time I think I've bunny proofed she finds a way around it. How on earth does a tiny bunny pull down a 4ft puppy panel?! I am thanking my very lucky stars that I closed the windows because we had rain today, I have been leaving them open recently while I'm at work which could have meant she could have fallen out :cry:

Oh gosh she really does sound like my Marble!
I've joined all of the puppy panels with cable ties so that she can't pull one down etc but I can fold them if I need to :thumb:
Although after getting stuck, she may not do it again :lol:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Oh gosh she really does sound like my Marble!
I've joined all of the puppy panels with cable ties so that she can't pull one down etc but I can fold them if I need to :thumb:
Although after getting stuck, she may not do it again :lol:

Thanks, I was hoping you might reply as I know you are also on a similar house-bun learning curve :roll:

The cable ties is a great idea, thank you! I tried with string once but I couldn't fold them away without untying everything so I gave up. I will try again as it's obviously possible.

I'd love to think she's learnt her lesson but honestly, I doubt it!! There have been a lot of swear words coming out of my mouth this evening :lol:

Is there a part of you, elbow deep is soap suds and detergent, that is secretly super proud of what a smartie paws she is? Clever marble, although I'm very sorry for your bed

Thanks, I was hoping you might reply as I know you are also on a similar house-bun learning curve :roll:

The cable ties is a great idea, thank you! I tried with string once but I couldn't fold them away without untying everything so I gave up. I will try again as it's obviously possible.

I'd love to think she's learnt her lesson but honestly, I doubt it!! There have been a lot of swear words coming out of my mouth this evening :lol:
I keep mine up permanently anyway because she'll pee on the bed even if I'm in it :roll: the other thing to look out for is her ability to use things to jump over. Marble has learned to move her toys/platforms so she can jump over the panels from them :roll:

I can certainly relate to the lots of swearing :lol: Just can't stay mad at them though!

I keep mine up permanently anyway because she'll pee on the bed even if I'm in it :roll: the other thing to look out for is her ability to use things to jump over. Marble has learned to move her toys/platforms so she can jump over the panels from them :roll:

I can certainly relate to the lots of swearing :lol: Just can't stay mad at them though!

Ah I see. Maybe I am lucky (though I definitely can't accept that word right now ;)) that marbles never normally pees on the bed. I presume it was just because she was stuck up there and needed to go. Judging by the amount of wee I'd guess she was up there for most of the day :?

Sigh.

Ah I see. Maybe I am lucky (though I definitely can't accept that word right now ;)) that marbles never normally pees on the bed. I presume it was just because she was stuck up there and needed to go. Judging by the amount of wee I'd guess she was up there for most of the day :?

Sigh.
I'd say you're lucky :lol: Marble managed to get onto the bed about 2 weeks ago and didn't wee, I still don't trust her though :lol: I think she's just too lazy to get down to pee, or is afraid I won't allow her back up if she gets down :lol:

Back