• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Claw clipping for difficult customers...

iggyperdyandme

Alpha Buck
One of my rabbits will tolerate her claws being clipped while she eats a treat, the other try's to claw my face off and then hides for an hour.

We have been going to the vets to have the clipped but they charge £13 a time and they struggle just as much as we do and I thought doing them at home is less stressful (he travels badly) and costs less. I used to cut my last couple of rabbits claws myself but they were relatively tolerant of it if I held their back a to my front.

So... I was wondering if anyone has any tips for claw clipping for difficult customers?

Yep. We did 38 bunnies the other week, so some were rather difficult but I asked the man who does jobs for me and he has no fear and can hold them really well. He likes the bunnies so that helps. It took 4 hours and he only got one scratch, a couple tried to bite him :lol: So, find a strong man!

Back