• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Susie is gone :(

Jesselle

Mama Doe
She's gone. They couldn't help her after seeing how bad things were internally.

I'm broken :(

And I feel so angry at the first vet who sent her home without fluids.

I feel horrible that I wasn't there. She's without me and Neville.

I've let her down :(

Oh my goodness I'm so sorry :cry::cry: binky free beautiful susie

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I've got such mixed emotions. Should I be angry at the first vet for not getting on fluids ASAP? Is it worth pursuing?

How do I handle Neville? He can't see the body as they just don't think it's viable as she went into surgery etc. Do I wash everything? Let him be around her scent longer?

I'm broken and alone :( my oh is away :(

What a shame :cry: I have no idea what you should do but I'm so sorry, poor little Susie :cry:

I'm sure you didn't let her down, she would have known she was loved and cared for all her life and that you did everything you could for her xx

I've got such mixed emotions. Should I be angry at the first vet for not getting on fluids ASAP? Is it worth pursuing?

How do I handle Neville? He can't see the body as they just don't think it's viable as she went into surgery etc. Do I wash everything? Let him be around her scent longer?

I'm broken and alone :( my oh is away :(
Would the fluids have helped?
I think the decision about what to do with regards to the first vet should be made when you aren't so emotional so you can think straight.

as for Neill, I don't know what would be best, I think I would gradually remove her scent from things so it's not such a shock to him.

so sorry again *cyber hugs*

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I am so so sorry :cry:

You didn't let her down *hugs*

For tonight I would just let everything be, Neville is used to her scent, it may help him. Plus clearing stuff away and removing all traces that they were even there can be heartbreaking, let reminders of her comfort you :( you can sort stuff out when you aren't so shocked, same with the vets think about that later. Xxx

Binky free Susie. :love:

I am so sorry, in tears here. These things happen, I lost my first rabbit when she was very young and it took 3months to get over it. Neville should be all right, just be "normal" with him if you can and then think later about another friend. You have been unlucky with her, not your fault, maybe something that has happened im her past. She was very tiny, maybe that had something to do with it, I don't know. You will get over it in time so please look after Neville and yourself. xx

Oh no :cry: I'm so very sorry :cry: you didn't let her down, you did everything you could for her. Binky free Suzie xx
Sending hugs to you and noserubs to Neville xx

I'm in shock I can't stop crying :(

She was just so lovely and affectionate. And confident and cheeky.

I'm gonna miss her rushing downstairs when she heard me in the kitchen. Rushing downstairs when I got in from work. Licking me to death. And most of all, bringing Neville out of his shell...

I'm so very, very sorry :cry:. Of course you're in shock. I've been there too. You can't think straight. Grieve, cry, get angry. But don't feel as though you let her down. You didn't.

I just caught up with your other thread. I'm so, so sorry.
I have also been in a similar position, and I know you'll be questioning over and over all the 'what ifs' that you or the vet could have done differently.
Unfortunately we're completely reliant on our vets and we have to trust what they say - you didn't let her down in any way and you will never know whether the outcome would have been different with a different course of treatment. Hopefully in time you'll come to accept that you did you best and you gave her a good life - rabbits live day to day - happy every day matters to them, but how many days does not.

I have also just caught up with your other thread. I am so very sorry. :cry:

You didn't let Susie down. You did everything you possibly could. Sometimes no matter how hard we try, we just can't fix them, bunnies are such fragile creatures. Many of us have been where you are now, we have given our all but haven't been able to save them. Be kind to yourself. Thinking of you. xx

Goodnight Susie, sleep tight little one xx

Back