• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good places to order outdoor runs?

Jetstreem

Warren Scout
I'm looking to replace my very old, battered outdoor runs but I am struggling to find somewhere to order them from that is reasonable, good quality and will also ship to Northern Ireland without chancing their arm and putting a ridiculous postage cost on the order! :D

Anybody got any recommendations?

Thanks!

I'm looking to replace my very old, battered outdoor runs but I am struggling to find somewhere to order them from that is reasonable, good quality and will also ship to Northern Ireland without chancing their arm and putting a ridiculous postage cost on the order! :D

Anybody got any recommendations?

Thanks!

Hi i can produce runs for you but it is the distance thing?
I consider myself good value but it's just the shipping costs?

Shopping costs to Northern Ireland are astronomical compared to mainland UK. (I know because I ship
Orders all the time for my job) I think if you want to buy something that big from the mainland you just need to accept the cost of shipping!

Shopping costs to Northern Ireland are astronomical compared to mainland UK. (I know because I ship
Orders all the time for my job) I think if you want to buy something that big from the mainland you just need to accept the cost of shipping!

I totally accept that it will be expensive, but some of the quotes have been more expensive than the cost of the runs themselves!

Hi i can produce runs for you but it is the distance thing?
I consider myself good value but it's just the shipping costs?

Yes it's the shipping costs that are causing the problem. I am willing to pay the extra cost, but when the shipping ends up costing more than the runs themselves there is no point.

I am yet to source a supplier in NI. :(

I totally accept that it will be expensive, but some of the quotes have been more expensive than the cost of the runs themselves!

I totally get how frustrating it is but honestly depending on what carriers they are using I could imagine that might be the case. For example the normal courier we use in the mainland who charge us approx £6 per box for next day delivery of one item, have a flat charge of over £30 for delivery of one item to Northern Ireland. And in some circumstances that would be more expensive than the order. We don't charge uk customers postage however. We also don't use that courier but for a small boxed item of around 4kg weight it can cost £15. So I'm not sure what you are buying or what the postage quotes are but I imagine it is expensive. If I was you I would find it very annoying too, especially if you can't find a supplier in Northern Ireland.

The problem might be made worse by the fact that I imagine you are dealing with small companies who make these runs and as a result they won't be able to negotiate cheap shipping rates with couriers that larger companies who sent hundreds of orders a day will be able to.

Last edited:
It might be worth asking a local handyman/joiner if he can make one for you, or I just googled rabbit runs Northern Ireland and this company came up,http://www.beechviewkennelruns.com I've no idea what they're like of course, and they look like they would be expensive. You would also need to check the mesh sizing as the holes look quite big.

Back